Prospect Challenge

GASabresIUFAN

What a heady play by Nylander on that last one, tracked the rush from behind, step in a The right time to steal the puck, took it hard around the net, and the perfect pass.

Just now, ... said:

7!  Damn, I haven't been paying attention to the game at all.  Makin' bacon, you see.

I think it’s nine now.

Damn. 

I think this partly helps explain the Bruins game, against a team that had 4 defensemen who all played together for a full AHL season last year, along with 6 of their forwards. 

Of course there isn't going to be structure in a game where these kids are coming from around the world to play together for the first time.

Gleams of hope on a Monday. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

3 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Regardless, he has much more offensive awareness and much better puck skills than Larsson does.       

The Sabres are lacking offense from their bottom 6.   Replacing Larsson with Asplund would help solve that problem IMO.    

If Asplund making the team means I dont have to hear the 3 or 4 posters who seem to revel in lamenting Larsson's presence on the team, I'm all for it. 

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

I heard Welsh had two, Atwal had one, Powel, Oglevie...Glotov might have had one or had an assist.

A regular who's who of dudes I've never heard of. 

22 minutes ago, inkman said:

If Asplund making the team means I dont have to hear the 3 or 4 posters who seem to revel in lamenting Larsson's presence on the team, I'm all for it. 

A regular who's who of dudes I've never heard of. 

Most of the names you have heard of weren't playing. So that's a good thing I would suspect.....right?

On 9/9/2018 at 9:26 AM, bob_sauve28 said:

Did the goalie make the save on that play? The face off was in the zone afterwards, so Nylander must of hit him with the shot before it went out of play 

I havn't watched any replays but from my angle (and a few beers in) i thought Nylander missed the net.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I will say that Laaskonen has been growing on me. He needs work still but I see why they drafted him more and more. 

Same. I even thought he was solid on Saturday night when we lost 3-1. Very smooth skater and does a good job moving the puck quickly out of our own end.

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

Asplund is killing it.  Slick Mitts is killing it.  Even Nylander is looking great.

What a wildcard Nylander can become for this team. A guy most have written off and were willing to toss in as a package to St Louis for a greater return. Chris Taylor pretty much said theres no way he could start in Buffalo but due to all his work, he could be a early call-up if he preforms.

24 minutes ago, Briere48 said:

Same. I even thought he was solid on Saturday night when we lost 3-1. Very smooth skater and does a good job moving the puck quickly out of our own end.

What a wildcard Nylander can become for this team. A guy most have written off and were willing to toss in as a package to St Louis for a greater return. Chris Taylor pretty much said theres no way he could start in Buffalo but due to all his work, he could be a early call-up if he preforms.

Not a wildcard for me, he had some setbacks with injuries, I expect him to light up the AHL until December and be our first call up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.