Leafs sign Tyler Ennis to one-year deal

SDS

Damn, now I can’t root for Tyler pulling his game back together.

How does this match up with Dubas’ rep as a moneypuck guru?

Sure, it’s a small investment, but it is also an investment in a player who has failed as an NHL player three years running.

Edited by dudacek

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Damn, now I can’t root for Tyler pulling his game back together.

How does this match up with Dubas’ rep as a moneypuck guru?

Sure, it’s a small investment, but it is also an investment in a player who has failed as an NHL player three years running.

That's how I saw it, tbh -- a smart-money, low-risk, high-upside move. That's notwithstanding the struggles Ennis has had. There's still that chance he finds his form. And if he does -- playing sheltered minutes down on the third line? He could be a real asset.

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That's how I saw it, tbh -- a smart-money, low-risk, high-upside move. That's notwithstanding the struggles Ennis has had. There's still that chance he finds his form. And if he does -- playing sheltered minutes down on the third line? He could be a real asset.

What chance to see the upside though? Is there really evidence to show there’s more there than with, say, Justin Bailey or Matt Moulson?

Tyler had the shot already in Minny and blew it. He’s been bad three years running.

50 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What chance to see the upside though? Is there really evidence to show there’s more there than with, say, Justin Bailey or Matt Moulson?

Tyler had the shot already in Minny and blew it. He’s been bad three years running.

Pretty slim chance, I'd think. But, at the same time, a very marginal investment and risk.

29 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He just hasn't been the same since the head injury.  Sad.

Truly. He really was a fun player to watch and cheer for.

I've always liked Ennis.  Agree with the sentiment upthread that he never got all the way back from that season missed post-concussion.

He'll probably get his minutes against the bottom of the opponents' rosters, though, so maybe he'll put up some points for the Leafs. 

On 7/6/2018 at 5:15 PM, nfreeman said:

I've always liked Ennis.  Agree with the sentiment upthread that he never got all the way back from that season missed post-concussion.

He'll probably get his minutes against the bottom of the opponents' rosters, though, so maybe he'll put up some points for the Leafs. 

I think he gets cut after training camp. 

8 hours ago, sabills said:

Not for nothing, but how did this guy not end up with the nickname of Tennis? I feel like we dropped the ball on that one, guys.

Because puns suck. Is that even a pun? Well whatever it is, it sucks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.