Trade: Ryan O'Reilly to St Louis Blues

CallawaySabres

Looks like those of us who said Botterill was more committed to moving on from ROR than he let on were right.

No core pieces at all in that return.

I think it's pretty obvious Botterill is planning on this being a longer term rebuild not meant to yield fruitful hockey until Mittelstadt and Dahlin mature. Ugh. I hate wasting more of Jack's prime.

Like I said elsewhere....

If you think it's underwhelming then expect that ROR was a bigger problem than thought.

I don't hate the trade.  It just fattened up the offense and made others potentially expendable.  It might not be top overall talent, but that's 3 forwards and 2 picks for the price of 1 forward.

Oh, and... this is just day 1... 

Edited by LTS

Well, it certainly will address some of our depth issues.

All three of those roster players are real NHLers.

And it certainly changes the room.

So, mission accomplished JBot, I guess...? ????

Edited by dudacek

Like I said elsewhere....

If you think it's underwhelming then expect that ROR was a bigger problem than thought.

I don't hate the trade.  It just fattened up the offense and made others potentially expendable.  It might not be top overall talent, but that's 3 forwards and 2 picks for the price of 1 forward.

Oh, and... this is just day 1...

That's my thought, he was a big problem.

I called it though... This is more about culture.

Yes.  This pretty much confirms that ROR was a problem in the room.

Tage Thompson is the right age to help us this year and to be part of the team for a while.  Berglund is good short term help at C.  Sobotka, who knows?  Hopefully we flip either SJ or STL's 1st for more help in the near term.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.