Trade: Ryan O'Reilly to St Louis Blues

CallawaySabres

Wishing strongly it was Kyrou, not Thompson.

Not a huge fan, but he certainly addresses a need.

really? What need? He's a lumbering center who shoots right. He does nothing we need. Botterill's love of ushl players at work. Edited by Skurk Liger

As upset as botterill was, something had to give. This is now jack and dahlins team, there is more depth and salary cap flexibility. And we won't have to watch 90 sleepwalk through 40 games and drone on about needing to be better ever again. Stitch the C on 15, and start scouting for our 3 first rounders next year. And also probably get ready to trade a dman or two. This is fun.

The need for ROR to do what he does and marshal his team directly to last place.

And if we finish in last place again? Or the Blues are great? Does the locker room nonsense go away?

Besides, know who else marshaled the team to last place, if we want to frame it that way? Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, et al.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Trying to find an upside here.  Throw me a bone.

Who is moving out now to make room for the 3 wingers we have brought in?

I mean, we probably had 3 open wing spots for them to fill :lol:

It's not like Tavares went to Toronto or anything...

I hate you. Everything is your fault.

I cannot stand the Berglund and Sobotka part to this.  I think one is enough, but two...asinine.  That should have been a secondary young piece (Toropchenko or someone in the secondary end of their pool).  The 2nd in 2020 is also a bit terrible.  I like the 1st and Thompson part, but to be fair the contracts we had to take back are frustrating.  Overall, this had to happen at this stage.  I hope we can get one of these forwards out of here.  

Trying to find an upside here. Throw me a bone.

Who is moving out now to make room for the 3 wingers we have brought in?

I don’t know that anyone has. Berglund and Sobotka make up two thirds of the third line.

Thompson pushes for a spot with Jack or Casey.

Depth chart looks something like...?

Reinhart Eichel Sheary

Okposo Mittelstadt Girgensons

Pominville Berglund Sobotka

Baptiste Larsson Wilson

That’s not fast...

Jason, Jason...

Edited by dudacek

I like the trade.  The 2nd pick in 2021 though?  We MIGHT see that player on the ice in 2024 or 2025...its probably better used as a chip in a trade.

Berglund is a Swede. JBot has something for Swedes.  He's awful at faceoffs, but should be good enough to fill in at the #2 center spot until/if Mittlestadt is ready.

I like the idea of having 3 first round picks next year...AND without ROR....Eichel getting more ice time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.