Poor Jack & Congratulate Thorny on his Marriage Thread

Doohickie

I’ve given it some time, and my initial antipathy for this thread’s original post hasn’t faded.

I expect great things from Messrs. Eichel and Dahlin.

No one... NO ONE... puts down a post with as much class as Auditorium Smell.

I’ve given it some time, and my initial antipathy for this thread’s original post hasn’t faded.

I'm not sure I understand the antipathy.  I'm not saying it will happen; it's more of a thought experiment really.

With all the talk of personality clashes and locker room cancers in prior years, it's certainly possible that the two best players could not see eye to eye.  You hope they will.  But there's no guarantee.

I don't think there will be any issues/rivalry between Eichel and Dahlin. Those guys can commiserate together about how they both play second fiddle to Lord and Savior Casey Mittelstadt (PBUH).

Ah.  There it is.  ;)

I'm not sure I understand the antipathy.  I'm not saying it will happen; it's more of a thought experiment really.

With all the talk of personality clashes and locker room cancers in prior years, it's certainly possible that the two best players could not see eye to eye.  You hope they will.  But there's no guarantee.

Ah.  There it is.  ;)

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one. Neither of those guys better give Lord Casey (pbuh) any guff either or he might light them on fire and send them to hell.

I'm not sure I understand the antipathy. I'm not saying it will happen; it's more of a thought experiment really.

With all the talk of personality clashes and locker room cancers in prior years, it's certainly possible that the two best players could not see eye to eye. You hope they will. But there's no guarantee.

There were sufficient inferences, opinions, and suppositions in there to prompt my antipathy.

There were sufficient inferences, opinions, and suppositions in there to prompt my antipathy.

Just like politics, if you repeat something enough, even if false, people start believing it is fact. Not saying it is or not be we havent heard directly so I have my doubts.

Just speculation is all. I hope there isn't any conflict at all, but sometimes big personalities clash.  It seems like Jack and Dahlin have very different personalities and it's not that much of a stretch to think they might prefer different approaches.  I suppose keeping them all pulling in the same direction will be on Housley.

Just like politics, if you repeat something enough, even if false, people start believing it is fact. Not saying it is or not be we havent heard directly so I have my doubts.

I wasn't trying to manufacture anything. It was just a thought I had and wanted to know what others thought.  Isn't that what a forum is for?

Just speculation is all. I hope there isn't any conflict at all, but sometimes big personalities clash.  It seems like Jack and Dahlin have very different personalities and it's not that much of a stretch to think they might prefer different approaches.  I suppose keeping them all pulling in the same direction will be on Housley.

I wasn't trying to manufacture anything. It was just a thought I had and wanted to know what others thought.  Isn't that what a forum is for?

I understand what you are saying, you qualified it. But many are intimating there is angst in the locker room between guys as fact. Could be or just angst at losing and lack of talent. People tend to look for needles to cure something when its the whole haystack was rotten and it takes time to grow a new haystack. Waiting just sucks. Hence the rumors.

Can't wait for Jack's apathy to rub off on Sheary and Dahlin.   

They have no idea just how lazy they can become and still get regular shifts under Coach Housley.  

Jack of the last 50 games is the least-lazy Jack has ever been. 

As someone who shares your lack of being impressed in Housley, I think there are other areas of concern more grounded in reality. 

Wait what, we haven't even finalized a starting roster and or played a game and we are already trying to manufacture a controversy? 

Come On Doohiccup,

I'll consider it just that, a hiccup on the Stanley cup parade planning that has started....  :P

Welcome to the club of Sabrespace iconoclasts.  Even devil's advocate type thoughts are responded to with fury.

I kinda think that Jack's first thought when Dahlin was drafted was, "Oh, thank God. Someone who can finally hang with me."

On the ice, that is.

1000%. Dahlin is a d-man. Even in the hypothetical world where Jack was predisposed to jealousy, he's almost assuredly always going to have more points than Dahlin. He plays the sexier position. 

He'll also get the C. It's going to be all good. 

Edited by Thorny

Are you new here? Since when is Pi concerned about being grounded in reality? :P

Reality left pi long ago. Then again, pretty sure none of us have a tenable grasp on it at this point. Years of the Sabres mind games has left us with Stockholm syndrome 

I kinda think that Jack's first thought when Dahlin was drafted was, "Oh, thank God. Someone who can finally hang with me."

On the ice, that is.

I believe this as well

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.