Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

29 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This is where it seems justified that Eichel was waaayyyy overhyped.

At the time, no way did i think Austin would be better. I'm so jealous of that team and it's sickening.

Well, the funny thing about points is that everyone shares the riches. Clearly they have some highflying players that Buffalo does not. What would Matthews have if he was a Sabre? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

This is where it seems justified that Eichel was waaayyyy overhyped.

At the time, no way did i think Austin would be better. I'm so jealous of that team and it's sickening.

Eichel is a great player, but it seems no where near Matthews, who is the superstar we were all hoping for.

19 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Eichel is a great player, but it seems no where near Matthews, who is the superstar we were all hoping for.

Yeh, he is not at the level we were hoping for, more a second line center.  Sabres gonna need more talent around him.  Hopefully the 3 firsts next year can do that... would love a Barzal to magically be there.   But with the current talent I was hoping for a better record... looks like they need another high end D too.  Guess I need to start paying more attention to the draft next year...  

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh, he is not at the level we were hoping for, more a second line center.  Sabres gonna need more talent around him.  Hopefully the 3 firsts next year can do that... would love a Barzal to magically be there.   But with the current talent I was hoping for a better record... looks like they need another high end D too.  Guess I need to start paying more attention to the draft next year...  

There are two teams in the league that will have second line centers with production anywhere near Jack's

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

There are two teams in the league that will have second line centers with production anywhere near Jack's

Two? Canucks too with Petersson.  Matthews... Malkin... but I get your point... So Sabres need scorers still and need the young guys to step up... its the inconsistencies that drive me up the wall, but typical of a young team...

5 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Two? Canucks too with Petersson.  Matthews... Malkin... but I get your point... So Sabres need scorers still and need the young guys to step up... its the inconsistencies that drive me up the wall, but typical of a young team...

If Pettersson remains a PPG player, then Jack's comparison would be with the ~50 point Horvat, no?

5 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

It goes deeper than this I fear. But your on the right track. Culture is still a huge problem it appears. Any player on the Sabres that accepts the effort and commitment levels of the Boston and Colorado games need to go ASAP. Just point blank unacceptable.

As for Toronto and Mathews, Marner, Tavares and the surrounding talent, I am now fully tilted to the very strong possibility that the next 10 to 12 years are now a lost cause for the Sabres.

As it stands today, the rebuild has been a complete disaster. Early indications are the Culture and absence of elite high end talent are the foundational problems. Just my opinion, but I don't see Buffalo having the ability to win a playoff series in the next 6 years or so, if they even make the playoffs. The Eastern Conference just has to many teams more talented and committed than Buffalo.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

Well, the funny thing about points is that everyone shares the riches. Clearly they have some highflying players that Buffalo does not. What would Matthews have if he was a Sabre? 

Better than Eichel.

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You want an organization that couldn't figure out how to serve beer and hotdogs to be smart enough to go back to the original color scheme that fans have been begging for for year? I'll believe it when I see it. 

btw, if they do a 3rd jersey that is just original colors while leaving the regular jersey alone, that doesn't count. 

You know they aren't the same organization right?  Delaware North doesn't handle the uniforms for the Sabres.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

"The Leafs aren't far ahead of the Sabres on paper." - LTS, somewhere, clinging to his bad argument ???

Shrug.... we shall see what the future holds.

7 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

It goes deeper than this I fear. But your on the right track. Culture is still a huge problem it appears. Any player on the Sabres that accepts the effort and commitment levels of the Boston and Colorado games need to go ASAP. Just point blank unacceptable.

As for Toronto and Mathews, Marner, Tavares and the surrounding talent, I am now fully tilted to the very strong possibility that the next 10 to 12 years are now a lost cause for the Sabres.

As it stands today, the rebuild has been a complete disaster. Early indications are the Culture and absence of elite high end talent are the foundational problems. Just my opinion, but I don't see Buffalo having the ability to win a playoff series in the next 6 years or so, if they even make the playoffs. The Eastern Conference just has to many teams more talented and committed than Buffalo.

I think we can agree it has been a disaster.  We look at best a .500 team...and after 5 years of "rebuilding"?  Yikes.   Another point of concern is even Mittlestadt is almost invisible vs his contemporary in Vancouver who already has 4 goals and looks the part.  We just can't seem to hit on any players so far (maybe Dahlin).  We look lost. We can only hope that as the season goes on we see signs of things coming together because as of right now I do not see much as far as a future contender.  

• Like (+1) 1