Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Per LeBrun

“Ryan O’Reilly is still very much an option for the Montreal Canadiens."

"I think the St. Louis Blues are probably the front-runner right now for Ryan O’Reilly."

#stlblues #Sabres #Habs

2019 1st, Robert Thomas, Ivan Barbashev? 

The Blues are weak in defence prospects and about to lose the lesser half their blueline to free agency.

The Sabres have been stockpiling LHD like they are going out of style.

What return do we think we can get for O’Reilly, Nylander, Guhle/McCabe?

Is Parayko, Thomas, Sobotka fair value?

Does it help both teams?

Is Dunn, Thomas, Sobotka more likely?

Or Parayko, Thompson, Sobotka?

From Jeremy Rutherford

Re: O'Reilly trade report, the Blues remain in talks with Buffalo and are among the teams interested in a post-July 1st trade. But as of now, there's no truth to a deal being a deal in place or any framework being agreed upon.

Brayton Wilson

Quoted this tweet and mentioned he believes something gets done after July 1st

Rutherford responded with

I agree there’s something there. Just reporting what I’m being told as of today.

The Blues are weak in defence prospects and about to lose the lesser half their blueline to free agency.

The Sabres have been stockpiling LHD like they are going out of style.

What return do we think we can get for O’Reilly, Nylander, Guhle/McCabe?

Is Parayko, Thomas, Sobotka fair value?

Does it help both teams?

Is Dunn, Thomas, Sobotka more likely?

Or Parayko, Thompson, Sobotka?

No Guhle

according to TSN a first, a second and a top prospect is the asking price for ROR. Price goes up if we end up paying the July 1st bonus. 

I want a deal for ROR to happen so we can move on. The dismantling has to end this year one way or the other. 

One way to end the dismantling is to not trade your #1 center minutes and role-wise.

Just sayin'.

I don’t think Jbot can trade ROR for only futures. He must get a top 4 D or top 6 winger back plus other assets, especially when we eat his bonus on 7/1.

The alleged Stl deal made sense on this front.

It had Parayko, a top 4 D.

It had Sobotka, the player who essentially loses his job to ROR

Thomas or a draft pick for the future.

It also had McCabe going the other way to fill Parayko’s slot with Stl. Isn’t McCabe a Stl native?

If this was just a rumor or someone’s fantasy it was a well crafted one.

I think you're gonna be angrier than I am, and I'm poised to be Liger-esque :lol:

Jake Allen is not an unquestioned starting goalie.

I'm angry if he's moved for scratch offs.  Otherwise, it'll be wait and see, just like the last 5+ seasons. 

IMO if they are going to move ROR, the one and only position they could move him for that would provide equal benefit to what we would be losing is a bonafide starting goalie.

At this point it's likely, not unlikely he gets moved.  I think this is just the culling to disintigrate everything that was created before.  Almost like Beane / McDermott with the Bills.  Now if we can get rid of Okposo, Beaulieu, and Bogosian. 

I'm angry if he's moved for scratch offs.  Otherwise, it'll be wait and see, just like the last 5+ seasons. 

IMO if they are going to move ROR, the one and only position they could move him for that would provide equal benefit to what we would be losing is a bonafide starting goalie.

But would you exchange a $5 bill for 3 singles and 2 scratch offs?  That's what pretty much any deal would wind up being, some immediate help for the roster combined with prospects(s)/picks(s).

It's incredible isn't it. 

These guys don't know ANYTHING. 

I'd throw more blame towards the twitter era and the 24 hour news cycle than towards not knowing anything.  It's a down moment in terms of these rumors, but you still have to say something.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.