1. 1. Point Total

• 0-20
    • 10-30
    • 30-45
    • 45+
  2. 2. Does Dahlin win the Calder?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How long until he is on the top pair?

• 0-20g
    • 20-40g
    • 40-60g
    • 60-82g
    • Second Season

Erik Karlsson had 5-5-10 in 45gp for Frolunda HC in the SHL during his first full year in the SHL his draft year

Victor Hedman had 7-14-21 in 43gp for MODO in the SHL  during his first full year in the SHL his draft year

Rasmus Dahlin had 7-13-20 in 41gp for Frolunda HC in the SHL during his draft year.

Karlsson's first 3 NHL seasons:

5-21-26pts in 60gp

13-32-45pts in 75gp

19-59-78pts in 81gp

Hedman's first 3 NHL seasons:

4-16-20pts in 74gp

3-23-26pts in 79gp

5-18-23pts in 61gp

Hedman really didn't break out until his 5th season, posting 13-42-55pts in 75gp

Another comparison Dahlin has drawn is Drew Doughty.

Doughty's first 3 NHL seasons:

11-29-40pts in 76gp

10-26-36pts in 77gp

6-16-22pts in 48gp (lockout)

Honestly I'm expecting a Karlsson-like trajectory. First 2 seasons with good production, 3rd season becomes an All Star

Edited by WildCard

I voted 60-82 games before he is top pair, but I really think there should be an option for season2 as that is when I think Phil takes the kids gloves off.

Good point. I added it, although I really hope you're wrong about it. I think the worst thing Phil could do would be to take it that slow with this kid. Throw him in IMO

So much depends on if/when he takes over Risto's spot on PP1.   

I'll say that happens relatively early and go with 45 points in 75 games.

BUT he'll be a minus player with a negative TRpm.

Edited by pi2000

Low 30s in points, playing safe minutes, showing his skill and poise every night. Ideally, a vet added like Hjalmarsson (if he can still play), Enstrom (if he can still play), or the like to be his Willie Mitchell or Brian Campbell. 

We COULD use Scandella, but I need Scandella munching hard minutes. 

So much depends on if/when he takes over Risto's spot on PP1.   

I'll say that happens relatively early and go with 45 points in 75 games.

Does he have to? Risto is very good on the point.

Why not Okposo’s or O’Reilly’s?

Add Casey to the mix and suddenly our PP2 gets interesting.

5g 16a 21p

No Calder

He'll be on the top pair after 10 games. He won't stay there, but they'll try something after a sluggish start. Then they'll go back to protecting his minutes.

Really curious why we can't come to some sort of consensus on what is supposed to be a Matthews/Eichel level talent. Is it because we haven't seen a lot of him? Because he plays in the SHL? Because he's a d-man? Because we suck?

Really curious why we can't come to some sort of consensus on what is supposed to be a Matthews/Eichel level talent. Is it because we haven't seen a lot of him? Because he plays in the SHL? Because he's a d-man? Because we suck?

That is probably accurate will know more after his first 10 games.

Few things to take note of

82 game schedule, pre season games yada yada. More games them he's ever played. Might conditioning become a factor in the ladder part of the season? I believe he will come into camp I'm great shape but it will be far more hockey them he's used to.

Smaller ice (pretty sure shl is on international ice?) Will also be a big adjustment, history has shown us especially for defensemen it is a factor.

6'2 180 pounds, clearly able to play with men but NHL is best of the best. Just turned 18 so there's a chance he comes into camp at 190+. His filling out process will play a role in his development, so it will be worth keeping an eye on.

So many variables and mixed emotions, is probably why were having a hard time agreeing. I picked 10-30 but if 20-40 was an option that's where i would be.

For what it's worth I think his attitude/demeanor in the dressing room will be as big for us as his on ice presence. The kid is captain material and if I was JBot I'd seriously be thinking about rolling 4 A's until he's ready for it. (Prior to winning the lottery I wanted to see Eichel C, I don't think he would take it well at all, and that's a big reason he maybe shouldn't get it.

Few things to take note of

82 game schedule, pre season games yada yada. More games them he's ever played. Might conditioning become a factor in the ladder part of the season? I believe he will come into camp I'm great shape but it will be far more hockey them he's used to.

Smaller ice (pretty sure shl is on international ice?) Will also be a big adjustment, history has shown us especially for defensemen it is a factor.

6'2 180 pounds, clearly able to play with men but NHL is best of the best. Just turned 18 so there's a chance he comes into camp at 190+. His filling out process will play a role in his development, so it will be worth keeping an eye on.

So many variables and mixed emotions, is probably why were having a hard time agreeing. I picked 10-30 but if 20-40 was an option that's where i would be.

For what it's worth I think his attitude/demeanor in the dressing room will be as big for us as his on ice presence. The kid is captain material and if I was JBot I'd seriously be thinking about rolling 4 A's until he's ready for it. (Prior to winning the lottery I wanted to see Eichel C, I don't think he would take it well at all, and that's a big reason he maybe shouldn't get it.

Really good point with the game total. The NCAA plays only 28 games (really thought it was more than this) and I distinctly remember Eichel talking about how difficult that transition was. The SHL plays 45 or so FWIW. Then again, Laine and Matthews didn't have a tough time playing more games.

Far as the smaller rink, wasn't the WJC played on an NHL rink? Feel like they said in interviews he's played and dominated on smaller ice sizes 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.