2018-19 Team

Sabre1974

Ivan's Plan:

1.)  Trade ROR for a defenseman like a Hanifan (frees up money)

2.)  Trade Risto for a you forward who can skate and has a winner's pedigree

3.)  Try to move Okopso  & Bogo to free up money 

4.)  Go hard after Tavares

5.)  Try to trade Nylander for Julovei ( both seem to need a change I scenery)

​Na Zdrowie!!!

so who do we keep? you want to gut the best players? ROR, Okposo, Risto? wtf

Okposo sucks

I wouldnt say he sucks, I would say he's had a sucky recovery from that injury/infection from the end of last season.  He started playing better at the end of the year.  I would like to see a full season without health issues before I say he flat out sucks.  

At the end of the year he scored 4 even strength points in 30 games despite playing more than half that time with jack or ROR

He sucks, it might be because of his injury, but he sucks

Sucky or not he's going absolutely nowhere for the duration of his contract unless bought out. He's hoping it was because of injury and he comes back this fall a whole lot healthier.

Sucky or not he's going absolutely nowhere for the duration of his contract unless bought out. He's hoping it was because of injury and he comes back this fall a whole lot healthier.

Give him another year or two to see if he rebounds. If he doesn't we can always bribe Seattle to take him off our hands.

One year. If he doesn't rebound this year, he's not suddenly re-discovering his game in two.

I agree. The year or two stems from me not remembering when Seattle actually joins the league and when they'll do their expansion draft.

If Okposo doesn't rebound this year he probably won't do any better the following year. We can bribe Seattle to take him though with either a decent draft pick, a prospect, or some combination.

Speaking of getting rid of contracts, am I completely out of my mind to wonder if some team looking to hit the floor (I haven't studied to see if there are teams in this spot and if so who, but probably Arizona because of course) might take on Moulson this year?

He's due to make $2 million in actual dollars with a $5 million cap hit. Buying him out really makes no sense, it only saves $300k as opposed to leaving him buried in the AHL this coming season, with the added drawback of the $666k cap hit in 2109-20. So in effect, it costs more against the cap over two seasons to buy him out than not.

A guy can hope, no?

Speaking of getting rid of contracts, am I completely out of my mind to wonder if some team looking to hit the floor (I haven't studied to see if there are teams in this spot and if so who, but probably Arizona because of course) might take on Moulson this year?

He's due to make $2 million in actual dollars with a $5 million cap hit. Buying him out really makes no sense, it only saves $300k as opposed to leaving him buried in the AHL this coming season, with the added drawback of the $666k cap hit in 2109-20. So in effect, it costs more against the cap over two seasons to buy him out than not.

A guy can hope, no?

Arizona did take Datsyuk's contract for a year, anything is possible

More ideas for off season-

Trade- ROR, Beaulieu, Fasching and 2019 2nd rd pick to Arizona for Domi and OEL

Sign LW David Perron
Sign Goalie Jonathan Bernier

Trade Larsson and 2018 4th rd pick to Pittsburgh for Riley Sheehan

18-19 line-up

Perron- Eichel- Okposo
Domi- Mittelstadt- Reinhart
Wilson- Sheehan- Pommer
Bailey- ERod- Baptiste

OEL- Dahlin
Scandella- Risto
McCabe (Guhle)- Nelson

Ullmark
Bernier

Perron Jack Mitts

Sam Tavares Ko

Baptiste ERod Oloffson

Wilson Zemgus Bailey

Trade ROR for Winger and pick in 2019

drop Mitts to third line center

move Erod to fourth line center Zemgus to wing and Bailey to AHL

Carlson Scandella

McCabe and Rasmus

Ghule Dhalin

Nelson

Sign LW David Perron

18-19 line-up

Perron- Eichel- Okposo

Wilson- Sheehan- Pommer

Bailey- ERod- Baptiste

OEL- Dahlin

Scandella- Risto

McCabe (Guhle)- Nelson

Ullmark

Bernier

This has to be a joke

Sign LW David Perron

18-19 line-up

Perron- Eichel- Okposo
Wilson- Sheehan- Pommer
Bailey- ERod- Baptiste

OEL- Dahlin
Scandella- Risto
McCabe (Guhle)- Nelson

Ullmark
Bernier

Come on man, Bealieuuueuue and Fasching are completely worthless in every sense of the word.  Fasching was scratched by Rochester in the playoffs, thats how worthless he is. Bowl-U was a huge flop and has no more value than maybe a 6th rd pick next year to a playoff bound team looking for depth, and if he's even healthy

I have seen a lot of talk about moving on from RoR (which I support) and Risto (which I do not support, unless some GM is stupid and we get back a Taylor Hall) now that we are going to draft Dahlin.

What would a reasonable trade involving RoR actaully be?  You have to think he carries a lot of weight around the league, defensively responsible, one of the top faceoff guys, sure he had those year end comments, but, I would think most GMs could understand all the losing he has been through.  This morning he was named Alt Capt of Team Canada.  

Assuming we draft Dahlin and do not trade Risto, Scandella, Guhle coming up and McCabe healing from a nagging year long injury, are we set at D or do we try to trade RoR for another 2/3 D-man?

I honeslty have no idea where to begin with a RoR trade, his value, and what we can get in return.  Thoughts?

That's not enough scoring power on D. To make this team work like it did in 07-10 we need 2 dmen who can put up 20 goals and a few D who can put on 10 goals. We need to acquire another D-man

That's not enough scoring power on D. To make this team work like it did in 07-10 we need 2 dmen who can put up 20 goals and a few D who can put on 10 goals. We need to acquire another D-man

Fair enough, who do we target? FA or trade? who's the trade bait if its a trade?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.