GDT Buffalo at Toronto 3/26/18 7pm MSG, GR

Brawndo

Sorry I missed the game tonight... they beat the Leafs and I never want to miss that.  I was occupied with something much more important tonight (no snarky comments please).

I'm glad we were able to celebrate a win over the Leafs. 

He sure did.

But.

Where was this franchise center the previous 4 games where he put up 0 points and a -6?

He is still coming off injury, and honestly he isn't amazingly consistent when the team decides to just snooze.

He also seems to hate Toronto as much as we do so he plays like a man possessed against them. 

I questioned Jack's pride in one of the other topics but when this guy is motivated and he brings it, he is a true beast. Now how do they get this guy to bring it every night? Do that, and everything just might turn around.

I'm more concerned with the other 20 players who feel they can relax and not play like they did when he was out because he is back and will carry them

I questioned Jack's pride in one of the other topics but when this guy is motivated and he brings it, he is a true beast. Now how do they get this guy to bring it every night? Do that, and everything just might turn around.

I think the two goals last night are what Eichel needs to be all about: using his speed, power moves to the net, determination, shouting so loud after scoring you can hear it on TV.

That was a whale of a hockey play by Pommers on the "go get it" pass on Jack's second goal.

Also: Marco Scandella gives good hugs.

That is all.

Also: Marco Scandella gives good hugs.

That is all.

LOL you noticed that too, eh?

Marco had a rough night I thought, but he’s been a plus.

Ideally, Borgen grows into that kind of contributor.

It does happen. Just not here.

Hey millbank,

When we (the collective we) say we hate the leaves and their fans we do not include you.

+++++

All wins are great and this one was really great.

Jack is a player, most nights anyway, and last night was one of them.  He made that Austin jackass look really silly on goal #1 and he really was very hard on the puck and really speeded after it on the second goal.

Kadri is still Kadri ...  :angel:

LOL you noticed that too, eh?

Marco had a rough night I thought, but he’s been a plus.

Ideally, Borgen grows into that kind of contributor.

It does happen. Just not here.

On the contrary, I saw several plays where Marco broke up potentially dangerous threats by the Leafs, especially down low.  He's a trooper.

He sure did.

But.

Where was this franchise center the previous 4 games where he put up 0 points and a -6?

Also Rinne and the Rangers backup goalies were strong in two of those games.

Players have off nights sometimes as well, And coming back from injury has to be a factor.

Saw the highlights just now and I have to say I love the excess celebration after Jack scores, especially his 2nd. It almost seems that Jack sees his competition as Matthews instead of McDavid. Really anything that points to a pulse is welcomed these days

It makes sense given proximity. We never see McDavid and there's basically no rivalry with Edmonton. Matthews and Toronto make a way better foe. 

Hey millbank,

When we (the collective we) say we hate the leaves and their fans we do not include you.

+++++

All wins are great and this one was really great.

Jack is a player, most nights anyway, and last night was one of them. He made that Austin jackass look really silly on goal #1 and he really was very hard on the puck and really speeded after it on the second goal.

Kadri is still Kadri ... :angel:

Thank you for that. Clearly I have my bias .But sincerely wish to keep it fun . No doubt it is better when both teams are good competing in games and that matter. I do think given what is parity in the NHL it’s very possible those days are not far away again as it would seem. The thing that is tough is that Boston and Tampa are excellent teams and young also the division will be hard to get out of for many years. Goodness the Leafs very well may get 110 points this season and be a firs round out . The route to a cup goes through Boson , Tampa, Pittsburgh . Good luck with that.

Thank you for that. Clearly I have my bias .But sincerely wish to keep it fun . No doubt it is better when both teams are good competing in games and that matter. I do think given what is parity in the NHL it’s very possible those days are not far away again as it would seem. The thing that is tough is that Boston and Tampa are excellent teams and young also the division will be hard to get out of for many years. Goodness the Leafs very well may get 110 points this season and be a firs round out . The route to a cup goes through Boson , Tampa, Pittsburgh . Good luck with that.

BTW if you need to pick on them its Baaastan, not Boson.

It makes sense given proximity. We never see McDavid and there's basically no rivalry with Edmonton. Matthews and Toronto make a way better foe. 

And the NHL in its infinite wisdom created two enormous divisions in each conference and we end up playing the Leafs a mere four times.

And the NHL in its infinite wisdom created two enormous divisions in each conference and we end up playing the Leafs a mere four times.

I appreciate the statement made with the new avatar, but cowboy hat Dougie was one of my all-time faves.

I appreciate the statement made with the new avatar, but cowboy hat Dougie was one of my all-time faves.

No statement... just thought it was funny. If there's a statement it's less "Casey is weak" and more Sisyphussian.

I might go back to Doug soon. I don't like the way Casey's photo appears and I can't seem to do a damn thing about it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.