The KHL is rigged. Literally.

sabills

Take a read through this twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/971595788315918336

The long and short of it is: Putin owns SKA and the league has been completely rigged this year to make them win. They don't have to pay attention to salary caps, but everyone else does. Now the games are being straight up fixed, with phantom penalties being called against opponents, and no-calls going the other way. Meanwhile, the Russian equivalent of the Charlestown Chiefs is doing their damnedest to win a playoff round against SKA. Its a fascinating, and slightly terrifying in a dystopian sort of way, read.

EDIT: fixed the link so now it points to the thread.

Edited by sabelvilhelm

Take a read through this twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/971595788315918336

The long and short of it is: Putin owns SKA and the league has been completely rigged this year to make them win. They don't have to pay attention to salary caps, but everyone else does. Now the games are being straight up fixed, with phantom penalties being called against opponents, and no-calls going the other way. Meanwhile, the Russian equivalent of the Charlestown Chiefs is doing their damnedest to win a playoff round against SKA. Its a fascinating, and slightly terrifying in a dystopian sort of way, read.

EDIT: fixed the link so now it points to the thread.

Quelle Suprise

Soooo that's why Kovalchuk wants to come back here eh?

Why anyone with the ability to get out of there wouldn't is beyond me.  

I have some friends that play in the K, and yes, it's as bad as you're suggesting.   They don't even get paid what their contract states, sometimes they get full paychecks, other times not, without any explanation.   

Also have some friends that play in the SHL, and they absolutely love it... it's not the best place to play if you have NHL aspirations, but it's better than a career in the AHL (better pay vs cost of living, beautiful country, rockstar lifestyle, rockets, etc).

The richer the 1% become, the less likely it is that the other 99% will be able to prevent them from making civilization their plaything.

Look at ongoing projects to "cure" aging and go to Mars. Is there any doubt a 400-year-old Tom Brady will be playing football on another planet? While our great-great-great-great-great-great grandkids enjoy a big bowl of Soylent Green?

(If anyone comes after me about the number of "greats" there, you're in for a fight. Hours of research went into that, so don't even try.)

Your not even close on the greats. A generation is approx 30 years. Braddy is 40. So 360 years from now is 12 generations. Now add in your status. Do you have any grandchildren now? Are they having kids? Then figure 3 generations are alive typically at the same time.

But he took into account that as people live longer and longer, they are putting off having kids until their 50s.

Your not even close on the greats. A generation is approx 30 years. Braddy is 40. So 360 years from now is 12 generations. Now add in your status. Do you have any grandchildren now? Are they having kids? Then figure 3 generations are alive typically at the same time.

A generation is closer to 17 years if you hang out with the kind of people that I hang out with.

Sounds like you went to the same high school as me :lol:

I noticed three waves of kids (mostly based on Facebook); there are the people in my graduating class (94) that have fully grown kids that were born in or just out of HS, a bunch more 10 years later at a relatively "normal" age, and then a bunch of the "almost too late" babies within the last 5 years. RosePie is the latter; the window was closing for MrsPie and I.

Actually, a generation is approximately...

A generation is closer to 17 years if you hang out with the kind of people that I hang out with.

...yep.  You nailed it.  

I just spent a whole day of conference time last Thursday discussing generational diversity.  Traditionalists, boomers, Xers, and millennials.  Each was defined as an approximately 15 to 17 year period.

*desperately tries to prevent self from making a suspendable political joke*

Just think, if Trump had bought the Bills, Toronto would be on its fifth Super Bowl by now.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.