#Caseywatch

Crusader1969

Why would Casey want to stay and go through a coaching change and learn a new system. If he is going to have to start over might as well go to the pros and get paid for it.

‘Cause the new coach comes in with a great sell on how he is going to restore Casey’s beloved Gophers to a national powerhouse and how Casey is an integral piece of that puzzle?

#loyalty #college:thebestyearsofyourlife

Edited by dudacek

With Lucia going, it seems logical for Casey to go to pros.

Unless he REALLY doesn't want to let down his Gopher teammates, have to expect he's going pro sooner than later.

Hoping it works, but I'd originally preferred him turning pro after the next college season ends.

‘Cause the new coach comes in with a great sell on how he is going to restore Casey’s beloved Gophers to a national powerhouse and how Casey is an integral piece of that puzzle?

#loyalty #college:thebestyearsofyourlife

That might work if everyone else with talent wasn’t already leaving.

From Sportsnet :

Mittelstadt Watch

Buffalo Sabres general manager Jason Botterill expects to have clarity on the future of top prospect Casey Mittelstadt by the end of the week.

The first order of business is determining whether the eighth overall pick from last year wants to return to the University of Minnesota for his sophomore season.

If he’s willing to turn pro, Mittelstadt could join the Sabres or their American Hockey League affiliate before the end of this season. That would require him to sign an entry-level contract – which would come with a $92,500 signing bonus and could see the first year immediately burnt off by playing one NHL game – or potentially an amateur tryout agreement with the AHL’s Rochester Americans.

From Sportsnet :

Mittelstadt Watch

Buffalo Sabres general manager Jason Botterill expects to have clarity on the future of top prospect Casey Mittelstadt by the end of the week.

The first order of business is determining whether the eighth overall pick from last year wants to return to the University of Minnesota for his sophomore season.

If he’s willing to turn pro, Mittelstadt could join the Sabres or their American Hockey League affiliate before the end of this season. That would require him to sign an entry-level contract – which would come with a $92,500 signing bonus and could see the first year immediately burnt off by playing one NHL game – or potentially an amateur tryout agreement with the AHL’s Rochester Americans.

Good stuff thanks for sharing

From Sportsnet :

Mittelstadt Watch

Erm... unless Casey's 20 and none of us know it he still has to hit ten games to burn a year, college or not.

The Sabres have exactly ten games left...

Erm... unless Casey's 20 and none of us know it he still has to hit ten games to burn a year, college or not.

I think the rules for college players are different.  If he was a CHL player you'd be correct.

I think the rules for college players are different.  If he was a CHL player you'd be correct.

Yeah, there was a thing from John Vogl about how if he even plays a single game he'll burn a year and it was confirmed by others on the internets.

The bold is the best news I've heard in a while. This stupid season is almost over.

The rule is based upon the players age. Since Casey is 20 in November, even if he plays 1 game it burns a year off his ELC. If he was born in Jan 99 he would have to play the 9 games

The rule is based upon the players age. Since Casey is 20 in November, even if he plays 1 game it burns a year off his ELC. If he was born in Jan 99 he would have to play the 9 games

I just looked it up. What a weird carve-out. Oh well, sign him.

Given the way we manage to judge and convict players around here after 20 games I wouldn't worry about burning a year.  After all, if he's not scoring at 3pts per game by his 5th game no one will want to sign him after his ELC.

I want them to sign him now just so we don't have to listen to people pissing and moaning about how "he'll never sign; he's just going to wait until he's a free agent and leave!"

But are you prepared for when he struggles and everyone starts bitching about how he should have stayed in school?  :)

Given the way we manage to judge and convict players around here after 20 games I wouldn't worry about burning a year. After all, if he's not scoring at 3pts per game by his 5th game no one will want to sign him after his ELC.

I have full faith in our lord and savior to absolutely kill it for us, but I can agree with this. I expect at least 1 point per game even if he gets saddled with Pominville's corpse and Larsson for line mates and if he doesn't, he's dead to me. You hear that Casey?! You'll be dead to me!!!!! (cries into pillow).

But are you prepared for when he struggles and everyone starts bitching about how he should have stayed in school?  :)

That’s just Casey being Casey.

Always remember: We can’t stop him, we can only hope to contain him, because he’s the X factor and he elevates the play of those around him in crunch time and he does things that don’t show up on the scoresheet.

That’s just Casey being Casey.

Always remember: We can’t stop him, we can only hope to contain him, because he’s the X factor and he elevates the play of those around him in crunch time and he does things that don’t show up on the scoresheet.

By all accounts this has been the primary skill of nearly all Sabres players over the past few years hasn't it?

Well there is something to that but I don't think professional hockey players have to worry about that area of their lives. The Amerks equipment guy nabbed our local weather hottie.

https://goo.gl/images/EuCnFd

Yay Rochester?

Hottie? No

Well he is the equipment guy but pointy elbows? Are we going down the if you don't look like a model you are ugly route? I know my standards have changed since I was a yout (yes I said yout) but Stacey is a fine looking gal. You want to see ugly, go to people of Walmart dot Com. I'm not sure some of them are human.

Well he is the equipment guy but pointy elbows? Are we going down the if you don't look like a model you are ugly route? I know my standards have changed since I was a yout (yes I said yout) but Stacey is a fine looking gal. You want to see ugly, go to people of Walmart dot Com. I'm not sure some of them are human.

Stacey is lovely, to be sure.

However, she does not strike me as your type.