#Caseywatch

Crusader1969

Well he is the equipment guy but pointy elbows? Are we going down the if you don't look like a model you are ugly route? I know my standards have changed since I was a yout (yes I said yout) but Stacey is a fine looking gal. You want to see ugly, go to people of Walmart dot Com. I'm not sure some of them are human.

She's definitely not ugly but she's also not hot.  

From Minnesota Star Tribune

The Gophers have another prominent player who is a risk to leave early: freshman forward Casey Mittelstadt. The eighth overall pick in the 2017 draft by the Buffalo Sabres, Mittelstadt finished second on the Gophers with 30 points on 11 goals and 19 assists in 34 games. The former Eden Prairie High School standout was named MVP of the World Junior Championship after amassing a tournament-high 11 points (four goals, seven assists).

Mittelstadt declined to comment Wednesday on his status.

Depends on how Botterill presented it.

If I was him, I’d tell Casey he’s getting a max ELC whatever he does.

His choice is Rochester ATO now, ELC immediately after, spot in the lineup in October.

Buffalo ELC now, great chance to make the Sabres in October.

Going back to school.

We think the ATO is best for your development, but we are OK with whatever you choose.

I think Botterill should and will play it so the only tension comes from within Casey himself.

Edited by dudacek

His choice is Rochester ATO now, ELC immediately after, spot in the lineup in October.

Going back to school.

We think the ATO is best for your development, but we are OK with whatever you choose.

I think Botterill should and will play it so the only tension comes from within Casey himself.

Pretty spot on except I'd say instead of how Botterill presented it, I'd say how his agent presents/advises him

I'm hoping he leaves school for nothing else but to put some positive spin on this season of disappointment

Going back to school.

To your point - and from Botterill's perspective - I don't think there is much benefit to bringing in Casey to the festering turd of a roster with nothing to play for in the last week of the season. Both for competitiveness and his development ATO in Rochester sounds way better as a short term option.

Either way, he will get his ELC and be penciled into the Sabres lineup next year.

To your point - and from Botterill's perspective - I don't think there is much benefit to bringing in Casey to the festering turd of a roster with nothing to play for in the last week of the season. Both for competitiveness and his development ATO in Rochester sounds way better as a short term option.

I agree Rochester is much better, but Casey may not.

In which case there are two benefits to Botterill from Casey coming to Buffalo right now:

Casey gets a look at what the NHL is and can prepare in the summer accordingly.

Botterill gets a happy Casey under contract and under team control for seven years.

Edited by dudacek

I agree Rochester is much better, but Casey may not.

In which case there are two benefits to Botterill from Casey coming to Buffalo right now:

Casey gets a look at what the NHL is and can prepare in the summer accordingly.

Botterill gets a happy Casey under contract and under team control for seven years.

Someone interviewed Keller before last nights game and he said that playing a few games in the NHL was extremely valuable to him going into the off-season. Plus Mittelstadt having a few extra weeks to condition himself for next year may benefit him more than playing in the AHL play-offs. him play for the Amerks but i think they will do very well with or without him, once they get their players back.

Usually when the Sabres have a Home Game on Fridays, Botterill does an interview with GR, there probably will be an answer tomorrow.

i can't wait until tomorrow! even if we knew he was coming out and deciding to go the Rochester or Buffalo route.

If he doesn't come out and the Sabres don't get a top 4 pick, just wake up me up prior to the 2019 lottery!

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2018/3/22/17153412/minnesota-hockey-ryan-lindgren-signs-with-the-new-york-rangers-gophers-defenseman-big-ten

"There was a report that the Buffalo Sabres had told Mittelstadt earlier this week that they were ready to sign him if he wanted, but that it would be his decision and they would be fine if he wanted to return to the Gophers for his sophomore season as well. All Minnesota fans can do is to at least hope Mittelstadt will wait and see who the new coach will be before making a decision."

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2018/3/22/17153412/minnesota-hockey-ryan-lindgren-signs-with-the-new-york-rangers-gophers-defenseman-big-ten

"There was a report that the Buffalo Sabres had told Mittelstadt earlier this week that they were ready to sign him if he wanted, but that it would be his decision and they would be fine if he wanted to return to the Gophers for his sophomore season as well. All Minnesota fans can do is to at least hope Mittelstadt will wait and see who the new coach will be before making a decision."

I mean, what else could they do.