Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Good. I'm sick of this regime talking about Buffalo weather like it really ###### matters 15 games out of the year. I'm pissed no Buffalo reporter has the brain or balls to call them out for such ######.

Buscaglia asked in the post draft presser

Maybe. I've said it before, but I genuinely feel this way: you can miss on a QB and you can trade up for a QB, but if you trade up for a miss, you're probably getting fired. Especially when you have passed on Watson, Mahomes, and Rosen, in the process (no pun intended). This was their plan, they literally spent two years executing it, and the guy they picked has all kinds of question marks. I don't think they get a second kick at the can.

What if all 4 QBs you're mentioning flop?  They still get the axe anyway since they're tied directly to Allen, but all I see right now with every single name is a bunch of uncertainty.  Watson was damn good, but I have a hard time expecting anything from a guy coming back from that kind of injury.  It's an interesting group though, they're all pretty much starting from scratch at this point.

The accuracy seems there to me though, provided he isn't sprinting away from the five defensive linemen instantly in his face. That's what changed my mind. The completion percentage was low because he was doing that every play. 

If they work with his feet some more, I really think accuracy will probably be checked off the list of problems. Maybe not a strength, but still. 

I need to see what he can do with a real line and with WRs that can get open. Because the other thing that opened my eyes on every snap was that his WRs were open roughly 3 times all fall. I'm not claiming he will be great, but I did see progressions and I did see positive decision-making, and again, all of the problems were largely coalesced during the plays which happened 60% of the time with his offensive line, but will happen maybe 5% of the time in the NFL, that is, literally looking like there is no line in front of him whatsoever

I've done the exact same thing, and I knew I was going to too. Watched all the game film just like you, same conclusions 100%

Chris Mortensen on some pre-draft stories from some notable scouts on Allen. Mortensen loves him

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/audio/Chris-Mortensen-Im-really-high-on-him/c4534db8-e18d-4653-8c0e-24f2f935e6ca

One of those teams has a management team everyone doubted only for them to break a 17 year playoff drought. The other has a management team everyone is still unsure about. Results speak louder than words, and the Bills have delivered, so there is trust there

The Bills delivered? They got lucky and made the playoffs. They then had the most ineffective offense in a playoff game I have ever seen. They haven't delivered ######. I don't trust the Bills because the management team there spent the entire week after they drafted a project QB defending the decision by talking about the weather and how he grew up on a farm. They have said countless times how there is some mythical style of football you have to play in Buffalo because weather and working class people. They keep barfing out tropes that are such ###### it hurts. If you can throw in NE, Green Bay, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Seattle, and NJ then you can through the football in Buffalo and there is not some bs way we have to play because of the 1 snow game we get every 3-5 years. You know what teams win playoff games, teams that throw the ball. I don't trust Beane and McDermott just because they lucked into a playoff spot in which their team managed a whopping 3 points. You are right actions speak louder than words and until the Bills matter in the playoffs or actually deserve to be there, I'm not trusting their front office. 

I want to make 1 concession. The Bills did at least identify a qb they could get and went and got him. They didn't trade picks from next year away to do it. I think that was good. Since I heard they were willing to trade more to move up to 5 to get Allen, I think that was bad but at least they drafted a QB in the top 10. They deserve credit for attempting to fix a problem that Buffalo has had since 1999. 

The Bills delivered? They got lucky and made the playoffs. They then had the most ineffective offense in a playoff game I have ever seen. They haven't delivered ######. I don't trust the Bills because the management team there spent the entire week after they drafted a project QB defending the decision by talking about the weather and how he grew up on a farm. They have said countless times how there is some mythical style of football you have to play in Buffalo because weather and working class people. They keep barfing out tropes that are such ###### it hurts. If you can throw in NE, Green Bay, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Seattle, and NJ then you can through the football in Buffalo and there is not some bs way we have to play because of the 1 snow game we get every 3-5 years. You know what teams win playoff games, teams that throw the ball. I don't trust Beane and McDermott just because they lucked into a playoff spot in which their team managed a whopping 3 points. You are right actions speak louder than words and until the Bills matter in the playoffs or actually deserve to be there, I'm not trusting their front office. 

I want to make 1 concession. The Bills did at least identify a qb they could get and went and got him. They didn't trade picks from next year away to do it. I think that was good. Since I heard they were willing to trade more to move up to 5 to get Allen, I think that was bad but at least they drafted a QB in the top 10. They deserve credit for attempting to fix a problem that Buffalo has had since 1999. 

How did they not deliver? They broke a 17 year playoff drought after cutting massive amounts of talent, aggressively trading for other players, and completely changing the culture in that room. Every single move they made everyone gave them hell for and at the end of the day, lucky or not, they made the playoffs. That's given them a level of trust that the Sabres haven't gotten. People look at the Bills and think, 'Well, I doubted everything they did last year and look what happened. So maybe they do know what they're doing'

Great they made the playoffs. Is that the goal? Do you follow the Bills just hoping they make the playoffs? We'll see what the McDermott team does this season. Are they a flash in the pan or a long term solution. 

For the last 17 years? 100% yes, and every single person in Buffalo would agree. They bought themselves a ton of leash with that

Great they made the playoffs. Is that the goal? Do you follow the Bills just hoping they make the playoffs? We'll see what the McDermott team does this season. Are they a flash in the pan or a long term solution. 

Whether it will ultimately work or not, I will say with conviction: Beane and McDermott have a clear vision and plan, and they're working it.

When you have the longest playoff drought of any team in the NFL, yes it is a goal.

Beane was quick to recognize that a guy like Tyrod could get us to the playoffs ("flash in the pan") but could never win us a Super Bowl. So, he took a chance at taking the team in a different direction, even if that means a step back this season ("long term solution"). I like that line of thinking. Other than Andrew Luck I can't think of any QB drafted in the last decade who was/is a sure thing. People have been hammering the Allen choice both here and on TBD... but none of the top QBs in this draft are a sure thing. 

Whether it will ultimately work or not, I will say with conviction: Beane and McDermott have a clear vision and plan, and they're working it.

This. 

At the time of their hire, all we wanted was something cohesive. The front office all working together with a vision that's plain to see. 

This one might not be the long-term solution, but it made these guys go, in five months, from my least favorite Buffalo sports team of all time to easily the most fun season of the last 20 years. And for the first time in that stretch, we didn't have to talk about the team not having a direction or a plan. 

I expect them to fall back a little this year. Half their line seems to have retired. They've systematically rebuilt the defense, starting with the secondary last year (which became the best one I've seen in my fanhood), and the front seven this offseason. But those guys are still young and raw and need some time. They will add the skill guys next year when Allen is ready to go. 

We should at least be excited because, yes, there's a chance of failure, but all we had wanted for 18 years was the chance at failure that came with actually moving forward and going for it with real, systematic franchise-building. And here we are. I'm going to enjoy it.

When you have the longest playoff drought of any team in the NFL, yes it is a goal.

Beane was quick to recognize that a guy like Tyrod could get us to the playoffs ("flash in the pan") but could never win us a Super Bowl. So, he took a chance at taking the team in a different direction, even if that means a step back this season ("long term solution"). I like that line of thinking. Other than Andrew Luck I can't think of any QB drafted in the last decade who was/is a sure thing. People have been hammering the Allen choice both here and on TBD... but none of the top QBs in this draft are a sure thing. 

It isn't much of a chance to be like, hey the QB who got us to 31st overall in passing offense isn't good enough. 

And got obliterated by several others. Anywho, it was merely a rebuttal to Freeman's obviously false claim of more quality wins than in the last 17 years combined. 

You mean like when New Orleans played a game in near freezing temperatures with a QB who is a warm weather QB and doesn't have "big hands" and they threw and ran the ball at will even in the "formidable" Buffalo weather? 

You mean like when New Orleans played a game in near freezing temperatures with a QB who is a warm weather QB and doesn't have "big hands" and they threw and ran the ball at will even in the "formidable" Buffalo weather? 

I'm not sure what your point is here? 

Is the Allen pick making you completely throw out all faith in the Bills FO?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.