Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

They're not drafting another quarterback early next year, period.  I don't care if it's some kid whose face is covered with the Essence of Process and who can clap a million times per second.  It's not happening.  And there's no reason to put Allen in this year other than to entertain us, which does not appear to be a big concern for the Bills, anyway.

I disagree. He shouldn’t have started in the first place but if he’s healthy and there’s no increased risk of making the injury worse you put him back in there. This is a huge learning moment for him and the franchise.

And he will be starting after the bye week.

Edited by Hoss

This NFL offseason is actually shaping up to be a good one for the Bills to have some money.

The defense isn't the issue RIGHT NOW, but I don't think the group they have right now is generating enough of a pass rush that's sustainable for a couple years. They need a high-end pass rusher. There's quite a few of those. Rumors that Chandler Jones is available via trade and that'd be a great way to spend some money. Demarcus Lawrence in Dallas, Jadeveon Clowney in Houston, Ezekial Ansah in Detroit. Quite a few options. Brandon Graham is a guy I think would be a great vet to add to the defensive line, too.

K.J. Wright in Seattle would make this linebacking corps of Edmunds, Milano and Wright elite.

Offensive line has a few solid options in Matt Paradis (center) from Denver, Daryl Williams (OT) from Carolina and Roger Saffold (G) from Denver.

Add one or two pass rushers and one or two of those offensive lineman and you've solved a ton of problems. Focus on offense in the draft if you sign some of those defenders.

31 minutes ago, shrader said:

Rules question: I thought you weren't able to gain yardage on a fumble.  Wait, that's not a question.

On 4th down only the fumbling player can recover his fumble and gain yardage. On 3rd down however that isn't the case.

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

So if it was 4th down, that TD would have instead been placed at the 1 yard line where Jones fumbled?  Hey, that time it was a question!

On the telecast, they said it only applies the last two minutes of the half or game. Not sure if that's accurate.

28 minutes ago, shrader said:

So if it was 4th down, that TD would have instead been placed at the 1 yard line where Jones fumbled?  Hey, that time it was a question!

This sounds correct.

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

On the telecast, they said it only applies the last two minutes of the half or game. Not sure if that's accurate.

This is possible, however color commentators routinely praise HCs for kicking a FG when down 28-0 in the 3rd Quarter because it puts points on board so I take most of what they say with a grain of salt.

Also Allen should start as he would have played in 12 games this year and 16 next year. 28 Games is enough to determine whether a QB is high on the draft needs list for the 2020 Draft

56 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is possible, however color commentators routinely praise HCs for kicking a FG when down 28-0 in the 3rd Quarter because it puts points on board so I take most of what they say with a grain of salt.

It is amazing how little value the colour commentator typically provides in an NFL game. I had to drive around much of east Egypt last night for various taxi cab/Uber services for children (mine). So I listened to Westwood One's call of the football game. Mike Mayock is a distinct exception to this deficiency. I'm not saying he's perfect or some savant, but he's good. And as annoying as he can be, Romo is pretty good too in that regard (adding value, insight).

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It is amazing how little value the colour commentator typically provides in an NFL game. I had to drive around much of east Egypt last night for various taxi cab/Uber services for children (mine). So I listened to Westwood One's call of the football game. Mike Mayock is a distinct exception to this deficiency. I'm not saying he's perfect or some savant, but he's good. And as annoying as he can be, Romo is pretty good too in that regard (adding value, insight).

Let's face it, those of you who still actually watch Bills games aren't exactly getting the cream of the crop when it comes to announce teams.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Actually, it's both.

On any 4th down, the ball can't be fumbled forward unless the fumbler recovers it.  Any other teammate recovers, the ball goes back to the spot of the fumble.

In the last 2 minutes of a 1/2, all forward fumbles are covered by the 4th down fumble rules.

Edited by Taro T

31 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Bills release Peterman 

Gosh darn it! This f*n sucks! Hopefully they re-sign him after Allen gets hurt again in 2 weeks. I need a reason to watch the Bills until I can spend my Sundays in the mountains.

Edited by ubkev

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.