Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Me to, but it is possible.  They have games against 3 win NYJ, Det and Jax all at home.  2 games with mediocre Miami including home the last game of the season and a week 16 matchup with NE who will have likely clinched the East and playoff slot.

Win all 4 at home evens the record at 7-7.  Split the road games gets us to 8-8.  

While I don’t think we’ll win all 6 games, all six are winnable with just a decent offense.

I'll bet you $1,000 Buffalo doesn't win all of their home games.  Detroit and Jacksonville are both better teams than the Bills, despite their similar 3-win totals, IMO.

Also, I'll be shocked if the Patriots won't have anything to play for in week 16. They're currently only the #3 seed, and the 4th overall record in the conference.

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's not bullying, it's hilarious and he basically just stated actual facts, which is even more impressive 

You have to be kidding me.  You like it, so it's not bad.  Whatever.  It's bullying; beating up a guy who is already - clearly - down.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ... said:

You have to be kidding me.  You like it, so it's not bad.  Whatever.  It's bullying; beating up a guy who is already - clearly - down.

Last time I checked, there are hundred of blooper videos and etc etc on sports, yes it sucks, but he was payed very very handsomely to throw a f***kin ball for a living, and he was bad at it. The term lighten up Francis comes to mind

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Last time I checked, there are hundred of blooper videos and etc etc on sports, yes it sucks, but he was payed very very handsomely to throw a f***kin ball for a living, and he was bad at it. The term lighten up Francis comes to mind

I hope for the sake of the meat-heads out there who get off on this sort of thing Peterman doesn't have an iota of a chemical imbalance.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ... said:

It's bullying.  Way to go Sports Illustrated.

Nathan chose to be a professional football player. It comes with associated risk as well as perks. Money, fame and the joys that come with it he can enjoy, suffering through a few fans being ***** hardly seems like undue pennance. I'm sure he'll be fine, he'll just toss an extra prayer to Jesus.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m going to Dollar General to get a card for everyone to sign. Our condolences for all that free money he was handed. Maybe he’d be a Daltonarian and reciprocate with a card for all the poor bastards in my trade that lose a job and eat bologna as a result?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Nathan chose to be a professional football player. It comes with associated risk as well as perks. Money, fame and the joys that come with it he can enjoy, suffering through a few fans being ***** hardly seems like undue pennance. I'm sure he'll be fine, he'll just toss an extra prayer to Jesus.

I'd argue this isn't close to "a few fans" anymore. McDermott's idiocy turned this poor guy into both a national punchline and a sympathetic figure at the same time. Of local media, only cappacio seems to be really classy about this. 

As for the J Peterman clip....shame on that guy. Imagine taking that call. So you want me to mock a dude who just lost his dream job?  When I'm personally a professional success?  Sign me up, let's do this. 

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but finding joy in mocking someone who appeared to give full effort but was woefully short on talent seems wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

I'd argue this isn't close to "a few fans" anymore. McDermott's idiocy turned this poor guy into both a national punchline and a sympathetic figure at the same time. Of local media, only cappacio seems to be really classy about this. 

As for the J Peterman clip....shame on that guy. Imagine taking that call. So you want me to mock a dude who just lost his dream job?  When I'm personally a professional success?  Sign me up, let's do this. 

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but finding joy in mocking someone who appeared to give full effort but was woefully short on talent seems wrong. 

I'm with you. It's really a shame that we as a society have to drag such heroes down into the mud just to feel better about ourselves. Personally I think Peterman deserves a lot better. If everyone wants I was thinking of getting a group letter going, something to let him know that things will be alright after his tough times. I did the same for everyone at Kodak, and the auto industry, and financial sectors too after they all lost their mediocre jobs. It's my way of telling Nathan that I am here for him

Just now, WildCard said:

You could have given Peterman 10 years behind Rodgers, he was always going to be this bad.

We'll never know, because the group of people who have universally been slammed for not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground when it come to offense, were in charge of his development to this point.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

We'll never know, because the group of people who have universally been slammed for not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground when it come to offense, were in charge of his development to this point.

True, he wasn't put in the best position. But he just doesn't have the physical or mental tools to be an NFL QB. His interceptions are terrible decisions he's making because he doesn't judge the speed of the NFL and can't get the ball there in time. He simply can't throw NFL routes at NFL speeds; his pick sixes come from out routes where he has to throw 20 yards and the corner can jump it with ease

Edited by WildCard

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

True, he wasn't put in the best position. But he just doesn't have the physical or mental tools to be an NFL QB. His interceptions are terrible decisions he's making because he doesn't judge the speed of the NFL and can't get the ball there in time. He simply can't throw NFL routes at NFL speeds; his pick sixes come from out routes where he has to throw 20 yards and the corner can jump it with ease

Meh. K.

Pretty sure hee had more interceptions that bounced off of terrible receiver's hands.

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Meh. K.

Pretty sure hee had more interceptions that bounced off of terrible receiver's hands.

lol meh all ya want, here's all 12 of them. I count 3 deflected. The rest? Terrible passes (overthrows) and like I described above, bad throws to the outside or from distances; one of the Chargers' one, the Ramsey one, and the two Texans' picks

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/11/13/18092454/nathan-peterman-buffalo-bills-interception-ranking

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is an NFL throw an NFL qb has to make. He simply can't. It's not McDermott's fault, or anyone else's, that he doesn't have the arm to make this throw

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.