Goo Goo Dolls: WC Performance

WildCard

It's like they are throwing Buffalo a bone after screwing them over from a home game and making them wear stupid "New York" jerseys. Not like anyone here cares who the WC performers are though...

How? By giving people in NYC a free Goos concert? How is that giving Buffalonians something good? More like a final FU. (The only good part of this is they'll probably be playing new stuff rather than items off Superstar Car Wash & A Boy Named Goo.)

How? By giving people in NYC a free Goos concert? How is that giving Buffalonians something good? More like a final FU. (The only good part of this is they'll probably be playing new stuff rather than items off Superstar Car Wash & A Boy Named Goo.)

Erm, did you happen to catch Bryan Adams at the Ottawa outdoor game? Everything he played was older than a good chunk of the posters here... I doubt the Goos make it past 1999.

Maybe this is what finally closes the temporal loop of the Better Days Curse.

I like this thought. The use of that slow, sappy song during that playoff run was a prime example of the more general problem of buffalo sports fans taking things too damn seriously, and the franchises supporting it. I would think most teams would choose an up-tempo, get-people-fired-up-song to play before playoff games, not a depressing song that insinuates that things have sucked, but could be getting better (in this context, with a Stanley cup win). This terrible song was more apt for covering a natural disaster than an exciting playoff hockey run. And people wonder why the arena can be quiet.

At least something positive has come out of losing a home game this year: buffalo has been spared from another generic goo goo dolls performance.

I'm all on board the Natalie merchant train. She and 10,000 maniacs had some great songs.

Thanks for that thought... Merry Christmas

Sorry. I went to school in Fredonia when they were coming up so I had my fill of them. Plus, she sings flat. It's her thing. Some people like it and that's fine. It kinda makes me crazy. I should have just said nothing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.