GDT Penguins at Sabres, 7pm, MSG & Free Game on NHL.tv

LTS

If you want to get off the schneid - Play the Sabres

If you want to get your first hat trick - Play the Sabres

If you want a shut out - Play the Sabres

If you want to feel like a winner- Play the Sabres

and if you're the Sabres, good try, we're making progress, we'll get'em next time

Someday we'll make the playoffs.

Let's Go Buffalo!

You want your backup to get a shutout? Play the Sabres. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sorry when an expansion team that didnt even exist 6 months ago made of mostly have beens and never weres who have never even played together in their lives are leading their division there is no valid excuse for them to be as bad as they are. None.

I'm not making any excuses, we simply disagree on why they're as bad as they are.

Similar, yes, but it seemed particularly pointed, complete with the referencing of how things were with a former club. That bit is unusual.

I dunno. I think a lot of people subconsciously want the mental issues to be real because it's easier to shake things up with a trade or two than to find half a roster of good players, with a few top-end ones among the new additions. The former can be fixed by next season, the latter will take years. 

I don't think they got dumber, I just think seeing the same problems with a new coach has shifted the microscope from the coaching to the players. These guys, for the most part, are who they were last year.

That makes sense and I do think the system change requires more hockey instincts like seeing the whole ice, processing and picking the smart play. They are not doing that and it is now real obvious.

So apparently when players come to Buffalo via trade, the draft or FA, they all of a sudden lose their pride and competitive nature? There is a much bigger problem than just the players with this organization. This is not a good fit for a first time HC. Ruff or Torts would not put up with this trash.

OMG look at Eichel's face as he leaves the lockerroom.

Not watching the game. Can someone post a pic of this? Pretty please?

FYI, the record for most consecutive games shut out is Chicago with 8. Happened months before the Great Depression. If any modern era team can beat this record, our 2017-18 Buffalo Sabres can!

That makes sense and I do think the system change requires more hockey instincts like seeing the whole ice, processing and picking the smart play. They are not doing that and it is now real obvious.

I don't know.  They all made it this far on instinct and processing the play.  I feel like the concept of hockey IQ is overrated.  Sam had it in droves.  Until he is not fine anymore.  And noone claimed Jack didn't have it.  Until he doesn't have it.  Meanwhile, guys like Evander Kane that supposedly don't have any hockey IQ continues to show up Our Savior. 

I don't know.  They all made it this far on instinct and processing obvious the play.  I feel like the concept of hockey IQ is overrated.  Sam had it in droves.  Until he is not fine anymore.  And noone claimed Jack didn't have it.  Until he doesn't have it.  Meanwhile, guys like Evander Kane that supposedly don't have any hockey IQ continues to show up Our Savior.

Well then let's play Sherlock here and if that's not the problem and can eliminate the other obvious nots whatever is left is the problem?

I'm not making any excuses, we simply disagree on why they're as bad as they are.

I dunno. I think a lot of people subconsciously want the mental issues to be real because it's easier to shake things up with a trade or two than to find half a roster of good players, with a few top-end ones among the new additions. The former can be fixed by next season, the latter will take years.

On the contrary. I think it's both.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.