Girgensons-Eichel-Pominville

Kane-O'Reilly-Okposo

Pouliot-Larsson-Reinhart

Griffith-Josefson-Nolan

Scandella-Risto

Beaulieu-Tennyson

McCabe-Gorges

I want to geek out a bit on this.

The problem of playing Eichel with Kane is that it becomes the Kane line, since Kane doesn't get linemates to score. So yes, it's good to separate Eichel and Kane. The problem here is that Girgensons has the exact same issue, players have a really low shooting percentage playing with Girgensons. Of course your linemates have a lot to do with this, since passing the puck to Delo doesn't normally end with the puck in the net. The people that look at possession numbers as critical miss this, since Girgensons "Gets his shots," they just come at the expense of linemates.

You know who had really good numbers last year? Foligno, and that's why he's in Minnesota.

I have yet to watch a game this season and hope to catch some of this. I've got a hockey game at 9:30 so hopefully I'll catch the 2nd & 3rd periods if I can stay awake and it's worth watching.

Based upon the "highlights" I've seen the pairing of Baloo - Tennyson frightens me. Has Antipin really been worse than Baloo to warrant getting scratched over him? I also see Sam isn't even cracking the 2nd PP? What if he's not fine?

Go Sabres

Yep.  I plan to watch the whole thing (easier for me than for many of you since I'm in CT), but if the game goes like the NJ game, why bother.

Took me a few minutes and re-reads... I couldn't quite get why being in Connecticut was some kind of benefit over the rest of the East Coast... :)

However.. yes.. 9:30 start time makes it more palatable.

Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching and Nylander can't get here soon enough.

I don't have any need for Josefson, Girgensons, Moulson, Griffith or Pouliot anywhere in that lineup.

Unfortunately Baley, Baptiste,Fasching and Nylander have shown nothing to make me think they will be NHL players.  Of those only Nylander has hope and he is at least a year away.

Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching and Nylander can't get here soon enough.

I don't have any need for Josefson, Girgensons, Moulson, Griffith or Pouliot anywhere in that lineup.

While it's hard to disagree with this, I think it's worth noting that every NHL team has equivalents of these guys in its lineup. 

The bigger issue IMHO for the Sabres is zero-to-negative production from the guys who are supposed to be leading the charge.

While it's hard to disagree with this, I think it's worth noting that every NHL team has equivalents of these guys in its lineup. 

The bigger issue IMHO for the Sabres is zero-to-negative production from the guys who are supposed to be leading the charge.

This is the issue. Since the preseason started I've been disappointed every time I visit reddit.com/r/hockey seeing highlights of McDavid, Laine, Matthews, etc, with amazing plays and we've had none of that from the Sabres. The fear which I kept to myself during the preseason (because it was the preseason, of course) was that there was no flash to be found anywhere. This team has had zero WOW factor.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.