GDT: Sabres vs. Devils, Monday 10/9/17 3:00 pm

bob_sauve28

Hockey, our enjoyment of it, and our anger at our lack of enjoyment of it, are all but meaningless reminders to us (much like all of life really: work, family, our hobbies and our chores, and so on) that we are not yet dead. The universe demands that we must all pass, indeed, the uncaring sun which gave us life through the most mind-boggling of coincidences will with certainly expand and obliterate us in the incredibly unlikely event we refrain from obliterating ourselves between now and then.

So, you know, lighten up, various Francii.

lol. good one.

Hockey, our enjoyment of it, and our anger at our lack of enjoyment of it, are all but meaningless reminders to us (much like all of life really: work, family, our hobbies and our chores, and so on) that we are not yet dead. The universe demands that we must all pass, indeed, the uncaring sun which gave us life through the most mind-boggling of coincidences will with certainly expand and obliterate us in the incredibly unlikely event we refrain from obliterating ourselves between now and then.

Uterus Edited by North Buffalo

Who has the "oh no, we suck again" GIF?

This is just brutal. And I mean brutal.

Defense is beyond horrible. Outside of Kane this team currently does not have a scoring winger. Speaking of scoring, outside of Jack and Evander the other players are aware they have to try and put the little black rubber saucer disk in the net? Right?

Wow, you really had to think long on this. Now exactly what are you telling us? Or is lighten up it?

Who has the "oh no, we suck again" GIF?

This is just brutal. And I mean brutal.

Defense is beyond horrible. Outside of Kane this team currently does not have a scoring winger. Speaking of scoring, outside of Jack and Evander the other players are aware they have to try and put the little black rubber saucer disk in the net? Right?

hah wanted to post that when I got home from work  :P

Wow, you really had to think long on this. Now exactly what are you telling us? Or is lighten up it?

All is meaningless. Enjoy your meaningless life while you can (not yours personally). Don't get too mad at the sportz. Maybe have that ninth beer (this may be specific to me).

All is meaningless. Enjoy your meaningless life while you can (not yours personally). Don't get too mad at the sportz. Maybe have that ninth beer (this may be specific to me).

Gotcha. Thankfully my life is meaningful but that has nothing to do with sports. That's for another forum.

Well.. did not see the post games as I had to create dinner.. a nice bbq/pepper pork tenderloin, sour cream/cheddar/horseradish mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans with mushrooms, shallots, and toasted sesame seeds.  It was fabulous.

I'm not going to despair because no matter what they will just be a sports team.  I want them to win... but if they don't it's not harming my budget.

That said.. after this start... here's my sentiments.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

I should also say..

Girgensons, while not entirely effective, is at least putting an effort.

As is Josefson and Larsson.  The problem is the people who are supposed to be leading this team are not.

Edited by LTS

Bylsma let them act like this for two years. Let them wallow in defeat. Let them get away with not giving good individual efforts. He was fired for it, but the damage has been done.

I think Housley sees it. The big question is whether or not he's good enough to fix it.

Bylsma let them act like this for two years. Let them wallow in defeat. Let them get away with not giving good individual efforts. He was fired for it, but the damage has been done.

I think Housley sees it. The big question is whether or not he's good enough to fix it.

This is revisionist bullschitt.

Yes, and I just heard the echo in Housley's post-game.

I caught that, but it was a little different. Dan was always fixated on how good the other teams were. It was more than just "winning is hard."

Housley made that statement as a way of calling out the players for not working hard. It wasn't like that with Dan. It was never that plain.

Really? You don't remember the numerous "It's hard to win" monologues?

Housley said thatbtoday in his presser.

I caught that, but it was a little different. Dan was always fixated on how good the other teams were. It was more than just "winning is hard."

Housley made that statement as a way of calling out the players for not working hard. It wasn't like that with Dan. It was never that plain.

Housley said today “every team is good and have a lot to play for “. And winning is hard in this league. Bylsma may have been a dullard but thisnis on the players especially those brought in to provide leadership like Oreilly and OK. Edited by 3putt

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.