GDT: Sabres vs. Devils, Monday 10/9/17 3:00 pm

bob_sauve28

I don't expect a ton of patience, but man, it's like everyone's family was kidnapped. Like, I dunno, do some yoga or something? This place has been more unbearable than the last two games.

Right. It's probably better for everyone's stress levels if they maintain some level of perspective. After all, it's only hAckey.

It's not overblown or an overreaction. I think Sabres fans are getting too used to losing much like the players. When they get down they quit, when the fans get down they make excuses. Demand more. 

You're essentially placing indirect blame on fans for the state of the team. This is not a good take. You have gone over the edge with your hyperbole. If fans did the things you were asking, they'd be a laughing stock. 

You're essentially placing indirect blame on fans for the state of the team. This is not a good take. You have gone over the edge with your hyperbole. If fans did the things you were asking, they'd be a laughing stock.

There's always the Online Petition. Those always get the job done.....right?

I must admit these past few games were an embarrassment to hockey. I'm disappointed in our "core" players in particular. Having said that it's too early to jump off the bridge. I'm not one who expected playoffs this year and I do think we'll see a better performance in the future. Let's see how their doing by Thanksgiving and we'll have a better idea of what we really have here.

I must admit these past few games were an embarrassment to hockey. I'm disappointed in our "core" players in particular. Having said that it's too early to jump off the bridge. I'm not one who expected playoffs this year and I do think we'll see a better performance in the future. Let's see how they're doing by Thanksgiving and we'll have a better idea of what we really have here.

Hey hey HEY!

We can't have this kind of level headed reasoning around here. You've either got to be completely pissed off, near suicidal (the true fans), apathetic, or unjustifyingly optimistic. Pick a side my good man.

What's over the top? Asking for effort? I'll say it again, you've gotten too used to losing. 

What's over the top? Asking for effort? I'll say it again, you've gotten too used to losing. 

Dude, think about it for a second. You want people to stage protests and stop going to games, ie, you're telling people how to be fans, and laying blame on them for mediocrity of the team, when we are literally less than THREE PERCENT into the FIRST SEASON of a new regime brought in by SWEEPING CHANGES to try and fix the mediocrity. 

And you're spamming every single goddamn thread on here with it. 

It's way ###### over the top in both what you are saying and your need to say it over and over and over and over again.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Dude, think about it for a second. You want people to stage protests and stop going to games, ie, you're telling people how to be fans, and laying blame on them for mediocrity of the team, when we are literally less than THREE PERCENT into the FIRST SEASON of a new regime brought in by SWEEPING CHANGES to try and fix the mediocrity.

And you're spamming every single goddamn thread on here with it.

It's way ###### over the top in both what you are saying and your need to say it over and over and over and over again.

Come on, you're just trying to tell him how to be a fan ;)

Well, I think the point was to build a winning hockey team, based on the misbegotten theory that the best way to do so was to bottom out in order to draft a (hopefully) great player.

The longer the Sabres go without developing into a winning hockey team, the more clear it should be to everyone that it was a terrible plan.

I'm not sure if it's the tank being terrible idea or how fouled up the rebuild has been. It has been said on this board that GMTM made the mistake of thinking he could accelerate the rebuild and traded quite a few assets to do so.

The Sabres had four of the Top 31 picks in the deepest draft since 2003 and Murray moved the final three picks for assets which have not contributed to winning. Individually they have had success particularly Kane, but as a team not so much.

Those some of those picks would been NHL Ready this season.

Shanahan developed a plan to tank for improvement and almost everything he touched turned to gold. While this is looking like a bad idea for Buffalo, not to many Leaf Fans are complaining about their rebuild.

The Leafs Luck has been and will continue to be much greater then ours

Ok, as a "fan" don't hold them accountable. Go to the games. Buy a few jerseys (watch out if there's a name on the back, it might need replacing). Keep supporting them with your cash. It's worked so far, why change now. 

Again, the idea that fans attending the games have any role to play in the mediocrity of the franchise is a terrible take. The idea that the organization is holding back on some major move (like what, a trade? a firing? Things that have been happening with regularity every two years for the past decade?) that would guarantee success, that they'd be acting on if and only if there weren't butts in the seats, is lunacy. 

And frankly it's insulting to fans who do spend their hard-earned cash on the team as a form of entertainment. Who the hell are you to look down on them for how they spend their money, and accuse them of having a role in where we are in the standings?

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.