Sabres Prospects 2017-2018

Doohickie

I agree that's its a little thin but I would also argue that its still in the top 10 of the league. 

It will really dry up next season once Nylander, Asplund, Mittelstadt, (Svechnikov?, and Guhle all make the Sabres.

We always want to compare to Toronto:

Here are there top prospects as per an article on Hockey Writers - order is debatable

1) Timmothy Liljegren - probably a NHL player but still considered a tire fire in his own end

2)Kasperi Kapanen – RW/LW  - will probably be a top 9 player for them soon

3) Carl Grundstrom – LW  probably will end up in the NHL playing but wouldn't consider him top 6 candidate

4)  Andreas Johnsson - LW   already 22 and is a steal for the 7th round but not again more of a bottom 6 guy

5) Andreas Borgman – LD  another 22 year old FA pickup, with Leafs and played in 4 games Jer

6) Calle Rosén – LD  23 year old, played 3 games for Leafs this season

7) Jeremy Bracco - RW  with the Marlies - a marginal NHL prospect at this point

8) Travis Dermott – LD  lots of high expectations for Dermott, playing with Marlies - could be top 4

IMO, I would take Mittelstadt, Nylander and Guhle over their entire prospect pool,

Madness. I like Liljegren and Dermott way better than Guhle, and Borgman hasn't looked bad in the NHL so far for them. Kapanen is the best skater in that organization and will be a long-term middle six winger that drives us insane. Our Nylander is bleh and while Mittelstadt hyperbole jokes are all the rage, I can't see how he makes up for everything else. 

Surprised no one is talking about Victor Olofsson. Kid is getting heavy praise from Baker and many others. He looks about ready to jump over to North America.

Kris Baker @SabresProspects

You'll have a hard time finding a better pure shooter than Olofsson among the Sabres prospects.

I quite literally mention him a lot.

Victor Olofsson, 1g,1a through 3games with Frolunda (SHL). I believe this is the last year of his SHL contract, so we will know if he will give NA a go by seasons end.

Case in point.

Olofsson is fast, a sniper, and smart. Cough winger for Jack cough

I quite literally mention him a lot.

Case in point. Olofsson is fast, a sniper, and smart. Cough winger for Jack cough

Nice!

Not criticizing the above conversation, but I sure hope this thread dies off soon.

It would mean we are talking about this season. I'm fed up with looking ahead.

Even if we win it all this year the future is so important. After all, Terry said CUPS not CUP ;)

Olofsson: 3g, 2a, 5points in 9games (He's 22 so we should expect he to be somewhat polished)

Asplund: 3g, 3a, 6points in 10 games (He's going to turn 20, so we should expect him to have a lot more growth, he is good though)

These are guys to watch. Asplund and Olofsson could both be here next year. I think Asplund is the better player but Olofsson has some winger skills. 

Edited by LGR4GM

• 2 weeks later...

Olofsson: 3g, 2a, 5points in 9games (He's 22 so we should expect he to be somewhat polished)

Asplund: 3g, 3a, 6points in 10 games (He's going to turn 20, so we should expect him to have a lot more growth, he is good though)

These are guys to watch. Asplund and Olofsson could both be here next year. I think Asplund is the better player but Olofsson has some winger skills.

Read a Swedish article where both Olofsson and Asplund plan on being in NA next season. I think it was a speculative article, maybe MODO can fill us in.

The article was back in September? I think.

Cliff Pu with a goal and 2 assists last nightOlofsson with another goal. The winger is set to blow away last season's total of 9 goals in 51 games. He has 6 goals in 14 games currently.

I hope Pu is getting back to his regular routine.

He has had a poor start and his team is weak. He's on Team Canada's radar and it would be a fantastic opportunity for him to play amongst the best of his peers in Buffalo.

Another game, another point for Casey. Primary assist and it was a beauty pass.

Only got to see the last 15 minutes of the 3rd. Clarkson was all over them but couldn't get the equalizer. After having been outshot 22-11, final shots were something like 21-23 with Minny's only shot in that stretch coming from Mittelstadt.

Olofsson is a 2014 draft pick and is already 22.  By the start of next season he'll already be 23.  Seems a little late to be making the move to NA.  I figured that with all the changes going on here, Jbot, if he had an interest in Victor, would have signed him last off-season and gotten him acclimated to NA by starting him in Roch this season.  

I just don't think he is all that interested in another small forward, but you never know.  

Olofsson is a 2014 draft pick and is already 22.  By the start of next season he'll already be 23.  Seems a little late to be making the move to NA.  I figured that with all the changes going on here, Jbot, if he had an interest in Victor, would have signed him last off-season and gotten him acclimated to NA by starting him in Roch this season.  

I just don't think he is all that interested in another small forward, but you never know.  

He did not come over this year because he was finishing the last year of his contract in the SHL.  From what I understand he plans on making the move next year, although I guess that is subject to change. 

He did not come over this year because he was finishing the last year of his contract in the SHL.  From what I understand he plans on making the move next year, although I guess that is subject to change.

I’m not against bringing him in. We need to throw as many strands of spaghetti at the wall as possible and see what sticks. However, I’m counting him as a legit NHL prospect until I see him perform in NA.

I’m not against bringing him in. We need to throw as many strands of spaghetti at the wall as possible and see what sticks. However, I’m counting him as a legit NHL prospect until I see him perform in NA.

He's a legit prospect. Whether or not he's a legit player, idk.

He talked today about coming to na next season and wants to play in buffalo. Apparently he's had good talks with buffalo management. Also noted he needs to be more physical.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.