Giant Elephant Tramples Florida!

bob_sauve28

Everytime I look at the Sabres forwards, I find it hard to slot everyone and thus determine who draws the short straw because each adds something we might need. Also it may depend on whether Reinhart plays wing or center.

There are 9 guys who are making the team; Jack, Kane, Sam, KO, ROR, Pommers, Pouliot, Larry and Big Z.

I think Jbot hopes at least two jobs go to kids from a group of Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, Griffith or Erod. If I'm correct, that leaves Josefson, Moulson and Delo to battle for 2 jobs. If a 3rd kid steps up, then they could be fighting for one job.

Delo's edge is he is our only fighter left. He can also skate and play D in a pinch. Won't crack the top 12, but as a 13th forward he may have use especially against very physical teams.

Josefson's edge is FO% and Pk ability. Two skills we sorely need, but he brings next to no offense.

Moulson's edge is position, experience, sadly his big contract and most importantly his PP scoring ability. If slashing calls and FO violations continue to be called in the regular season, his PP specialty takes on greater importance.

In theory, all 3 vets could make the club, but I don't this is the best interest of the Sabres long-term.

Where the issue with Reinhart comes in is if he is the 3rd center, that drops Larsson to 4th center and Josefson to 4th LW, movimg Moulson to the bench or Roch. With scoring at a premium and PP's possibly occuring in greater frequency, we just may need Moulson for one more season.

No. They're already over the vet limit. Gorges would just create an awful situation. He'll be in Buffalo.

We aren't over are veteran limit. Josefson, Griffith and Tennyson may make the Sabres and then only Porter and Paetsch count as vets under the rule. Also we have a ECHL team to stock and I think AHL teams can carry at least 26 active players because of NHL callups. Sending Falk or Gorges down shouldn't be an issue.

Yes we have some AHL only vets signed, but is it really an issue if they don't play.

These quotes from Housley make me think Bailey will be in Rochester to start year: 

Justin Bailey has always wanted to be a scoring winger. Once again, he may have to change his mindset.

Just like previous coach Dan Bylsma, Housley envisions Bailey as a hard-charging forechecker who should use his 6-foot-3, 214-pound frame to his advantage.

"He's got to use his speed and physicality," Housley said. "He can be the first on the forecheck, driving a guy out and making his presence being felt."

When the Sabres met Pittsburgh on Tuesday in Pegula Ice Arena at Penn State, Bailey and left wing Seth Griffith were the only two skaters who were also in Monday's lineup. Griffith had a goal on three shot attempts against the Hurricanes. Bailey had one shot in 11:13 of ice time.

"He's got to use his speed," Housley said. "The one thing that I really saw and liked was his tracking. He had a great track back and disrupted a play at our blue line. That's what his speed can do, not only offensively but defensively.

"Getting a lot more time on the penalty kill, I think that's going to help his game."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/19/sabres-notebook-crackdown-slashing-bailey-must-forecheck-outdoor-tickets/

Everytime I look at the Sabres forwards, I find it hard to slot everyone and thus determine who draws the short straw because each adds something we might need. Also it may depend on whether Reinhart plays wing or center.

There are 9 guys who are making the team; Jack, Kane, Sam, KO, ROR, Pommers, Pouliot, Larry and Big Z.

I think Jbot hopes at least two jobs go to kids from a group of Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, Griffith or Erod. If I'm correct, that leaves Josefson, Moulson and Delo to battle for 2 jobs. If a 3rd kid steps up, then they could be fighting for one job.

Delo's edge is he is our only fighter left. He can also skate and play D in a pinch. Won't crack the top 12, but as a 13th forward he may have use especially against very physical teams.

Josefson's edge is FO% and Pk ability. Two skills we sorely need, but he brings next to no offense.

Moulson's edge is position, experience, sadly his big contract and most importantly his PP scoring ability. If slashing calls and FO violations continue to be called in the regular season, his PP specialty takes on greater importance.

In theory, all 3 vets could make the club, but I don't this is the best interest of the Sabres long-term.

Where the issue with Reinhart comes in is if he is the 3rd center, that drops Larsson to 4th center and Josefson to 4th LW, movimg Moulson to the bench or Roch. With scoring at a premium and PP's possibly occuring in greater frequency, we just may need Moulson for one more season.

We aren't over are veteran limit. Josefson, Griffith and Tennyson may make the Sabres and then only Porter and Paetsch count as vets under the rule. Also we have a ECHL team to stock and I think AHL teams can carry at least 26 active players because of NHL callups. Sending Falk or Gorges down shouldn't be an issue.

Yes we have some AHL only vets signed, but is it really an issue if they don't play.

Josefson is making Buffalo. Tennyson has almost no chance. The Amerks are actually 2 over the vet limit now by my estimation of who gets sent down. Gorges would make them 3 over. Veterans include: Porter, Griffith, Falk, Fedun, Tennyson, Paetsch, MacWilliam and Allen.

Josefson is making Buffalo. Tennyson has almost no chance. The Amerks are actually 2 over the vet limit now by my estimation of who gets sent down. Gorges would make them 3 over. Veterans include: Porter, Griffith, Falk, Fedun, Tennyson, Paetsch, MacWilliam and Allen.

Griffith and Tennyson qualify for the 13th developmental slot. I actually disagree on Tennyson. As a RD i think he could win a 3rd pairing slot, with Antipin on the bench to start the season.

Also if AHL vets like Allen and MacWilliam start in the pressbox so that better players can play is that such a bad thing?

Griffith and Tennyson qualify for the 13th developmental slot. I actually disagree on Tennyson. As a RD i think he could win a 3rd pairing slot, with Antipin on the bench to start the season.

Also if AHL vets like Allen and MacWilliam start in the pressbox so that better players can play is that such a bad thing?

Goloubef would likely stick over Tennyson. He was signed as depth to start in Rochester.

Goloubef would likely stick over Tennyson. He was signed as depth to start in Rochester.

You meant Tennyson for Rochester, right?

That was my take: another Fedun and Falk type to fill in in Buffalo in a pinch and be really good for Roch.

I guess he could beat out Gorges and Antipin, but given his NHL career so far I hope not.

Goloubef doesnt have a contract.

You meant Tennyson for Rochester, right?

That was my take: another Fedun and Falk type to fill in in Buffalo in a pinch and be really good for Roch.

I guess he could beat out Gorges and Antipin, but given his NHL career so far I hope not.

Goloubef doesnt have a contract.

I was referring to Tennyson. Goloubef could earn a contract. The 7 D in Buffalo is pretty set in stone. Ristolainen, McCabe, Scandella, Bealieu, Bogosian, Antipin, Gorges.

• 4 years later...
59 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Necro thread alert!

On this team, this discussion is relevant.  If you had your druthers, what would you do when Tuch comes back?

Hayden, Caggiula, Bjork, Ruotsalainen, Eakin... probably in that order.  Fire any of of them into the sun.  If they come back, send them to Rochester.

• Haha (+1) 2

• bob_sauve28 changed the title to Giant Elephant Tramples Florida!
23 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Hayden, Caggiula, Bjork, Ruotsalainen, Eakin... probably in that order.  Fire any of of them into the sun.  If they come back, send them to Rochester.

Ruot back down already... Bjork jag, Caggiula on IR... Hayden not sure how young but looks lost... waivers for him if needed my bet for Tuch. Bjork next.. Eakin has been decent... 

12 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I'd screw a chimpanzee, call it pointless.

I saw them a handful of times throughout the years.

two of the most memorable times…

1. before the first album really hit it big, I saw them open up for 24/7 spys. It was a very small club of only 250 people. I was there for 24/7 spy’s. I was blown away by Primus.

2. Saw them at a Lalapalooza before lalapalozza became too gigantic and obnoxious. And they covered the Ministry song - thieves. And it was some thing to witness 700 to 1000 people in a big MoshPit circle dancing. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.