2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

So no more 1st round talk, wo do we pick in the 2nd round ? 

Ha!  This was my first thought.  

Unfortunately, it's going to take the wind out of Liger's sails, because no one knows first-round prospects as well as he does, but yes, it's time to start focusing on pick no. 32.

Ha! This was my first thought.

Unfortunately, it's going to take the wind out of Liger's sails, because no one knows first-round prospects as well as he does, but yes, it's time to start focusing on pick no. 32.

Oh, I have a 55 prospect long spreadsheet going.

Ty Dellandrea, Rasmus Sandin, K'Andre Miller, the Samuelsson bros, Beaudin, there's a bunch of talent at the top of 2.

The Wingnutt top 40 for April

## Player

1 Dahlin, Rasmus

2 Svechnikov, Andrei

3 Zadina, Filip

4 Tkachuk, Brady

5 Boqvist, Adam

6 Hughes, Quinton

7 Wahlstrom, Oliver

8 Bouchard, Evan

9 Farabee, Joel

9 Smith, Ty

11 Veleno, Joseph

12 Wilde, Bode

13 Dobson, Noah

14 Kotkaniemi, Jesperi

15 Lundestrom, Isac

16 Kupari, Rasmus

17 Hayton, Barrett

18 Mcleod, Ryan

19 Mcisaac, Jared

20 Merkley, Ryan

21 Thomas, Akil

22 Denisenko, Grigori

23 Groulx, Benoit-Olivier

24 Noel, Serron

25 Olofsson, Jacob

26 Woo, Jett

27 Miller, K’Andre

28 Samuelsson, Mattias

29 Sandin, Rasmus

30 Mcbain, Jack

31 Addison, Cale

32 Bokk, Dominik

33 Kravtsov, Vitali

34 Alexeeyev, Alexander

35 Kaut, Martin

36 Khovanov, Alexander

37 Mcshane, Allan

38 Hållander, Filip

39 Dellandrea, Ty

40 Lauko, Jakub

Guys we have to pick Jett Woo

Exactly.

When playing video game campaigns, always take the coolest names. It stems way back to childhood when Konami NFL allowed me to draft Bubba Shakespeare. You can't leave that on the board.

(Just like I was ecstatic yesterday when the Packers took Equanimeous St. John. A good name is its own motivation!)

Dellandrea and Addison would be 2 players to look at, at 32. Both fit the system. I like Dellandrea more. He is a hard working 2 way center with good skating. He has an arsenal of shots and played on a bad team this year. Still produced 27g and 32a putting him 1st in goals and 2nd in points on his team. The difference between 2nd and 3rd, 59 down to 34. 

I'm still looking at a D at 32. Of the list of players at 32, there seems to be greater depth of quality there.  One guy who no one has mentioned, but has been getting more and more 1st rd grades is Mattias Samuelsson.  He is the Captain of the USA U18 team that just captured the Silver Medal and by all accounts had a solid tourney.

https://www.nhl.com/news/mattias-samuelsson-using-size-pedigree-to-develop-into-2018-nhl-draft-top-prospect/c-295882384

I'm still looking at a D at 32. Of the list of players at 32, there seems to be greater depth of quality there.  One guy who no one has mentioned, but has been getting more and more 1st rd grades is Mattias Samuelsson.  He is the Captain of the USA U18 team that just captured the Silver Medal and by all accounts had a solid tourney.

https://www.nhl.com/news/mattias-samuelsson-using-size-pedigree-to-develop-into-2018-nhl-draft-top-prospect/c-295882384

Im not mentioning him because I don't think he will be there at 32. That said, and this is true, I have #27 Dellandrea, #28 Samuelsson, and #29 Addison on my list currently. The reason I do not think Samuelsson will be there is that he is a 6'3" 216lbs and that will get him drafted higher. 

Here is a scouting report on Samuelsson

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/04/27/mattias-samuelsson-scouting-report-2018-nhl-draft/ 

Im not mentioning him because I don't think he will be there at 32. That said, and this is true, I have #27 Dellandrea, #28 Samuelsson, and #29 Addison on my list currently. The reason I do not think Samuelsson will be there is that he is a 6'3" 216lbs and that will get him drafted higher. 

Here is a scouting report on Samuelsson

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/04/27/mattias-samuelsson-scouting-report-2018-nhl-draft/ 

He is 30th on my board in a group of Sandin, Miller, Woo, Samuelsson, Kaut, and Addision.  Kaut is the only forward. I figure at at least 2-3 of these guys should be available to us at 32.  Every year 2-3 guys I have rated below 31 get drafted.  This means that most of my last 1st rd tier is available to start the second round.

He is 30th on my board in a group of Sandin, Miller, Woo, Samuelsson, Kaut, and Addision.  Kaut is the only forward. I figure at at least 2-3 of these guys should be available to us at 32.  Every year 2-3 guys I have rated below 31 get drafted.  This means that most of my last 1st rd tier is available to start the second round.

Your board is similar to mine. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.