2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

Any shot Sabres take a goalie with number 32? How high should either of top two be considered.

I'd say no. Really in this draft late 2nd or early 3rd is where I see goalies starting. There's a Swede I'd take but without a 3rd round pick we'll have to see if he's there in the 4th.

I'd say no. Really in this draft late 2nd or early 3rd is where I see goalies starting. There's a Swede I'd take but without a 3rd round pick we'll have to see if he's there in the 4th.

Justus Annunen? Or, wait, he's a Finn. Ok who?

Just updated my spreadsheet for the first time in a while and there were some interesting changes. Guys like Jon Berggren and Ty Dellandra's support jumped and they almost cracked the top 31. Jett Woo's support has dwindled, but Russian Vitali Kratsov has had the biggest rebound in support from top 25 early in this past season to nearly off the board to now back to 28th. Also Isac Lundestrom has seen his rankings drop.

Top 6 Tiers equal 31 players

Top Tier (top 7)

A) Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina

B) Tkachuk, Boqvist, Wahlstrom and Hughes - recently saw some stats from the USHL and Oliver's numbers are up there with Jack and Matthews.

Next group

C) Bouchard, Dobson, Farabee

D) Kotkaniemi, Smith, Veleno

3rd Tier (all with unanimous support)

E) Hayton, Wilde, Kupari and Lundestrom

4th Tier (80% support or better)

F) Denisenko, Thomas, McLeod and Bokk

5th Tier (70%)

G) Merkley, McIssac, Miller, Noel, Sandin, and Olofsson

6th Tier (50% or Better)

H) Kratsov, Kaut, Groulx and Samuelsson

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Dominik Bokk, KAndre Miller, Mattias Samuelsson, Jett Woo, Jakub Lauko (really would love him in the third) -- if we could get a third back.  Okay, and if Jared McIsaac falls to the 2nd round pick, please take him.  I don't understand the hate on him free falling.  He seems like a Brandon Carlo pick to me.  Who was talented in his draft year and fell to the top of the second round.  Give me that!

Jay O’Brien was interviewed by the Sabres on Wednesday and Steve Greeley has been scouting him at Thayer Academy.

Wing Prospect going to Providence last year, decided to stay in HS (wanted to make sure he remained academically eligible for Providence) and play rather then play a full season in the USHL, much like Casey.

32 would be a tad bit high for him.

That list is pretty goddamn stupid. Quinton Hughes might be the best non-McDavid skater I've ever seen with my own eyes, and Svechnikov is above him?

Hughes was named fastest. Not sure what the distinction is.

Someone is going to over-draft Adam Ginning. 

That said, I break skating into 3 main categories. Agility (edgework, cuts, how fast you go from forward to backward skating etc...) Quickness (how fast you get up to top speed, how fast you make cuts, etc...) and of course Speed. Speed is just how fast you can go and Rasmus Dahlin has really good top end speed but there are skaters who are faster. I would say that we will see Dahlin get faster as he adds more muscle. Everything except his top speed is elite. His top speed btw is still very good. 

Top Wingers possibly available at 32:

1) Jesse Ylonen,6'0 167lbs RW 

2) Kirill Marchenko 6'3 187 RW

3) Niklas Nordgren 5'9 169lbs RW

4) Martin Kaut 6'2 176lbs RW

5) Serron Noel 6'5 205lbs RW

6) Filip Hallander 6.175  188lbs LW

7) Cole Fonstad 5'10 160 lbs LW

8) Sampo Ranta 6'2 199lbs LW

Edited by Crusader1969

Top Wingers possibly available at 32:

1) Jesse Ylonen,6'0 167lbs RW 

2) Kirill Marchenko 6'3 187 RW

3) Niklas Nordgren 5'9 169lbs RW

4) Martin Kaut 6'2 176lbs RW

5) Serron Noel 6'5 205lbs RW

6) Filip Hallander 6.175  188lbs LW

7) Cole Fonstad 5'10 160 lbs LW

8) Sampo Ranta 6'2 199lbs LW

The Sabres did interview at least one of these wingers at the combine

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.