2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

I'd guess he's there type. College bound kid who skates well.

Was just going to post this. Centre who easily transitions to wing. High tempo game.

Ranked a little lower, but I’ve seen his name connected to Buffalo enough that I’m almost expecting him to be our pick at 32.

Was just going to post this. Centre who easily transitions to wing. High tempo game.

Ranked a little lower, but I’ve seen his name connected to Buffalo enough that I’m almost expecting him to be our pick at 32.

I hope the link works but write up on O'Brien https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.habseyesontheprize.com/platform/amp/nhl-entry-draft-picks-2018/2018/5/4/17316094/jay-obrien-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-stats-highlights-video-analysis-scouting-report-centre

Can we draft Bulat Shafigullin? I really just want to hear Razor pronounce his name. 

On a side note, Sampo Ranta could also be a target for Buffalo in this draft. He is lw with good skating and size. Ranta is also NCAA bound putting him in that Botterill wheelhouse. I would say that for me he would be a mid or late 2nd round type player. If we had a 3rd round pick and he slid to the top of the 3rd that would be perfect. Sadly we do not but he is an interesting prospect to watch. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

The Sabres did interview Sampo Ranta, he felt it went well. Has all the tools the Sabres are looking for, his hockey IQ does get called into question, however a year or two with Tony Granato should help that.

I just worry about him at 32. At say 45, yes.

I just worry about him at 32. At say 45, yes.

Ranta has only come up in the top 31 one of 15 rankings I follow. This usually means that he’ll be a mid to late second rd pick, but could even fall into the 3rd.

If the Sabres want him they can find away to get him by trading guys like Girgensons and Larsson to get extra picks and then package those picks to move back into the second.

FanSpeak just set up an NHL Mock Draft simulator for anyone who wants a spin: https://fanspeak.com/nhlotc/

EDIT; Here's my attempt using an almost exclusive BPA strategy:

1: R1P1

RASMUS DAHLIN
FROLUNDA
32: R2P1
LW GRIGORI DENISENKO
LOKO YAROSLAVL
94: R4P1

JACK DRURY
WATERLOO
117: R4P24

RYAN O'REILLY
MADISON
125: R5P1

RW ALBIN ERIKSSON
SKELLEFTEA
156: R6P1
ALEXANDER ROMANOV
KRASNAYA ARMIYA
187: R7P1

DANIEL DVORAK
KRAVLOVE U20
Edited by Ho-Chi-Sock

FanSpeak just set up an NHL Mock Draft simulator for anyone who wants a spin: https://fanspeak.com/nhlotc/

D RASMUS DAHLIN

FROLUNDA

LW GRIGORI DENISENKO

LOKO YAROSLAVL

C JACK DRURY

WATERLOO

C RYAN O'REILLY

MADISON

RW ALBIN ERIKSSON

SKELLEFTEA

D ALEXANDER ROMANOV

KRASNAYA ARMIYA

G DANIEL DVORAK

KRAVLOVE U20

And any productivity for the rest of my shift went out the window

A Drury and an O'reilly?  Can yo imagine the irrational exhuberance?

Buffalo loves its nostalgia. I'm sure there'd be a subsection who would welcome draft pick Aaron Maybin Jr. with open arms.

Regardless with what happens with ROR, if I drafted this O'Reilly kid from Wisconsin, I'd force him to wear #90 in Rochester/Cincinnati just to prove a point.

FanSpeak just set up an NHL Mock Draft simulator for anyone who wants a spin: https://fanspeak.com/nhlotc/

RASMUS DAHLIN

FROLUNDA

LW GRIGORI DENISENKO

LOKO YAROSLAVL

JACK DRURY

WATERLOO

RYAN O'REILLY

MADISON

RW ALBIN ERIKSSON

SKELLEFTEA

ALEXANDER ROMANOV

KRASNAYA ARMIYA

DANIEL DVORAK

KRAVLOVE U20

That may be even more opportunistic than winning the actual lottery. Denisenko is my second favorite player in this draft. I think this is a pipe dream.

Look.. I'm pretty easy going.

But a player named Jett Woo?  It's either going to be the perfect match or perfectly obnoxious for him to land in a city where they do the Ric Flair after a goal right?

I'm not sure which side I land on... I think obnoxious.

Dahlin should help Eichel get 90 or more points this upcoming year.

TSN said he was the best D prospect since Denis Potvin...that's pretty high praise.

I hope you're right, but that's asking a lot from an 18 year old.   

Look.. I'm pretty easy going.

But a player named Jett Woo? It's either going to be the perfect match or perfectly obnoxious for him to land in a city where they do the Ric Flair after a goal right?

I'm not sure which side I land on... I think obnoxious.

If there the defender at #32 id be interested in is K'Andre Miller. He is very raw but a lot of talent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.