2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

I don't think there is anyone outside of the top 2 that can make the jump and be a big time impact player next year anyways. D take longer to develop and the potential of those next tier of wingers is close to the next tier of d. So I go d. Let's just hope after Saturday we won't have to have this discussion anyways. But not holding my breath.

I agree. Boqvist is really young still so he isn't coming. Hughes is not in my top 4. Wahlstrom is young and needs at least 1 year. Dobson needs a year. The only player not named Svechnikov or Dahlin that could be NHL ready is Tkachuk and I would love to give him another year too. 

Noel Serron is no longer in my first round. Finally had time to watch highlights and read up on his skating and it is mediocre. I might take him at #32 if he were there but that skating really bothers me. He is really average. His edgework is meh and he is more of a north south guy. His boardwork is great but that might be a product of his size (6'5" 209lbs) which would be less of a factor in the NHL. I don't want big slow wingers. 

Boqvist has got some crazy skills. I can't imagine what he will look like at say 5'11" 190lbs. He's one of the best d skaters I've ever watched. 

With our current luck with developing Swedes that don't go #1, are we sure we want to go there again??

Friedman was asked which three teams, in his opinion, need to win this lottery the most.

“Just for those of you who are unaware, Scott sent me that question earlier today so I’d have time to think about it,” began Friedman. “And my initial reaction was all of them. But I know that would be a very lame answer, and I can’t submit that, so here’s what I came up with: I think the three teams in alphabetical order that need it the most are Buffalo, Montreal and Vancouver.”

The Sabres have an 18.5 percent chance of winning the lottery, while the Canadiens are at 9.5 percent.  

“And the reason I picked that was because the Sabres, that’s a great hockey market,” continued Friedman. “It’s not a Canadian market, but it might as well be. And their fans have had a lot of losing lately. A lot of losing. And I think that that is a fantastic fan base that deserves something to cheer about. I think they’re looking at tearing that team down right to the studs. And you know what? If they get Dahlin that makes it easier for them to do."

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-looks-ahead-to-nhl-draft-lottery/

I am fully prepared for the Bill's to get the 4th best qb and for the Sabres to get 4th best player. Everything that I have heard screams Dahlin, then two very solid guys on offense......then the big drop to where Sabres pick.

Thursday and Saturday are going to be 2 more swift kicks to the balls, no doubt in my mind.

Per Jeremy White

Source tells me NHL Lottery reveal will go as follows:

Before the 8 PM game - First 10 picks are counted down.

At 1st intermission they'll do the remaining five.

Note - It is ENTIRELY possible the 3 lottery winners are picked in that first ten.

Per Jeremy White

Note - It is ENTIRELY possible the 3 lottery winners are picked in that first ten.

You know what they should do... just give us pick 3, 2, and 1. 

Per Jeremy White

It never amazes me how much I hate the NHL

Another stupid thing the NHL is doing: playoff series start tomorrow during the NFL draft. Good luck getting any viewership 

Edited by Jokertecken

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.