2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

The pick should be Dellandrea if he is there. 

https://www.milehighhockey.com/2018/5/10/17338896/2018-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-ty-dellandrea-scouting-report

"finished his 17-year old season with 59 points in 67 games. He scored 27 goals - good enough for 5th among draft eligible OHL forwards - while playing on the worst offensive team in the league."

K'Andre Miller, deep dive on stats from Canucks Army

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/06/07/canucksarmys-2018-nhl-draft-profiles-34-kandre-miller/

Edited by Skurk Liger

That may be even more opportunistic than winning the actual lottery. Denisenko is my second favorite player in this draft. I think this is a pipe dream.

Denisenko could go anywhere from 11 to 32 to be honest. There is no reason to think he couldn't fall.  

Denisenko could go anywhere from 11 to 32 to be honest. There is no reason to think he couldn't fall.  

Any player not named Dahlin could fall, but even with the shuffling post combine Denisenko seems to be entrenched primarily in 15-24.  But stranger things have happened. 

I have a couple of Merkley games saved and rewatched his shifts again this morning

Skating - speed, elusive and shifty. His passing is fantastic, always on the tape, including a stretch pass from his own red line that creates a break away.

If he gets his head screwed on he could be an elite offensive dman.

Then after reading all the articles about his nonchalant play and bad attitude, it makes me wonder if he is even on the Sabres draft board.

I do believe there is a chance he will be there at 32, though will NYR pass 3 times on him in Rd 1? If he is, I would look for JB to trade down a couple of slots and let someone else take him.

I like Woo but 32 is too high for him IMO. Not dynamic enough offensively.

Though I have seen him ranked in top 32 on a couple of lists

Someone high up on the Sabres list will be available at 32 as guys slip

Am I the only one that thinks Jet Woo will probably be taken 20-30 spots higher than he should just because he has a cool name?

The more I see of Ovi celebrating with the cup, the more of a fan I become.  Sheer, boundless joy.  In an age of buttoned up cliches and no personality personalities, Ovi is just flat out entertaining.

And just weeks ago the guy was still getting as being someone you couldn't win with.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.