WildCard

Captain  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Eichel
    • O'Reilly
    • Okposo
    • Someone Else

Not sure if it is Eichel, he needs to step up with consistency, ROR to me makes the most sense with his experience unless Jack is gonna be committed and vocal. May depend on his contract and when it is signed. If you go this route then make ROR, a healthy KO as a spokesman type and Risto or Scandella on back end. How many assistants captains can a team designate?

Edited by North Buffalo

I lean towards ROR because I'm not sure if Jack is ready.

Does he have the ability to deal with the media?

Is his work ethic off the charts?

Does he take youngsters under his wing?

Is he the right go between between players and staff?

Maybe Jack checks all of the boxes and is good to go.

If a vote goes to someone else, I would hope he doesn't pout.

I think Jack is the kind of player you give the C to with the expectation that he'll rise to the occasion. 

O'Reilly does not seem to be the leader I thought we were getting. Has to be Eichel

The commissioner will never hand ROR the Stanley Cup. Not ever. He hands it to Jack and Jack skates it on its first lap. Then Jack hands it off to an elder statesman who never won one. ROR gets it a few guys down the line and no one remembers.

ROR. His work ethic and leadership have been praised by basically everyone who has ever played with him.

It is tricky because I think this is Eichel's team in the future, but he isn't ready for leadership now. I would liken it to Washington giving Ovechkin the C at least 3 years too soon in my eyes (and suffering for it).

Personally I would be up for a ROR / Eichel co-captain situation. It worked in our glory days and I see a lot of Drury / Briere dynamic in their two games. ROR on the road, Eich at home.

ROR. His work ethic and leadership have been praised by basically everyone who has ever played with him.

It is tricky because I think this is Eichel's team in the future, but he isn't ready for leadership now. I would liken it to Washington giving Ovechkin the C at least 3 years too soon in my eyes (and suffering for it).

Personally I would be up for a ROR / Eichel co-captain situation. It worked in our glory days and I see a lot of Drury / Briere dynamic in their two games. ROR on the road, Eich at home.

I can get behind the idea of a co-captain situation as you outlined.

His work ethic is great but I heard him in an interview a few months ago and he was talking about how he wished he had been a better, more vocal leader. He is great on the ice but it REALLY sounded like he was not built for Captain

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.