Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

If the Sabres bridge-deal Eichel, the only poster here who will have a bigger tantrum than me is ... who? Blue? It'll be a helluva competition, that's for sure.

I may have a mental breakdown.  I was live and die with every Sabres game the tank year.  If there's any chance we lose him after like 5 years then I may....I donno, I'll be pretty upset.

Five of them signed those deals after a cup, not counting Perry, who technically did, and has played 114 playoff games and been to the final four multiple times.

Subban, Lundqvist, and Stamkos have all been to the finals on top of their regular season success. They have all had success in the playoffs and the regular season before signing those deals. Ovie, is the exception, but has been the best goal scorer in hockey, for a decade now.

I'm not saying what should be, I'm saying what is: they have earned their big tickets performing where is mattered most.

Alright this is the same damn thing I said just the negation of it! :lol: :lol: 

If the Sabres bridge-deal Eichel, the only poster here who will have a bigger tantrum than me is ... who? Blue? It'll be a helluva competition, that's for sure.

Yours can't even make it into the same area code as where mine will go. :p

Edited by Taro T

Hamilton on GR today saying Eichel considers himself as good as McDavid, and that he might pass on a deal this year so he can show he's worth more. Then Hammy says we might have to pay him around $9MM/yr. But Eichel thinks he's at McDavid level, why would he take anything less than $13.5MM.yr?

Hamilton on GR today saying Eichel considers himself as good as McDavid, and that he might pass on a deal this year so he can show he's worth more. Then Hammy says we might have to pay him around $9MM/yr. But Eichel thinks he's at McDavid level, why would he take anything less than $13.5MM.yr?

Well he's not even close to that level so it could get ugly

If he scores 100 points and gets the Sabres to the 2nd round he can have $13.5 million. Also, Paul Hamilton can eat a bag of . He knows nothing about anything.

If he scores 100 points and gets the Sabres to the 2nd round he can have $13.5 million. Also, Paul Hamilton can eat a bag of ######. He knows nothing about anything.

Bet he knows a lot about eating a bag of though

Im sorry I can't hear Paul over the sound of his hit piece on Sam Reinhart. 

Im sorry I can't hear Paul over the sound of his ###### hit piece on Sam Reinhart. 

He brings that up constantly by the way. Every single time he talks about Reinhart, without fail he'll throw that in there about how people just didn't understand the article 

He brings that up constantly by the way. Every single time he talks about Reinhart, without fail he'll throw that in there about how people just didn't understand the article 

I read literally every day for work and fun. I not only understand his article, I understand why it was complete and utter garbage using some ###### math and some even bigger ###### conclusions. He mixed variables, ignored alternatives, and shoe-horned his narrative into a dataset that did not and does not support it.

Any time anywhere Paul, I will sit down and explain in detail why your article was garbage. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Hmmm.

On the one hand: Concerning.

OTOH, Hamilton has all but squandered any credibility he has on such matters.

I read literally every day for work and fun. I not only understand his article, I understood why it was complete and utter garbage using some ###### math and some even bigger ###### conclusions. He mixed variables, ignored alternatives, and shoe-horned his narrative into a dataset that did not and does not support it.

Any time anywhere Paul, I will sit down and explain in detail why your article was garbage. 

I have a covenant with 2 of my buddies: If and when(ever) we saw Hamilton out and about, we are going to address him in a loud voice (like, from a hollered distance) so as to ask why he hates Sam Reinhart so much. WHY?! It'll be a hoot.

"PAUL! PAUL! WHY DO YOU HATE SAM REINHART SO MUCH?! WHY?! WHY, PAUL?!"

Paul Hamilton.   Why is this guy still around?   

Is this purely conjecture based on Eichel being a proud athlete?   Of course Eichel thinks he's as good as McDavid, or better, it's a character trait all great athletes posses, it's what makes them great.    But to assume he's going to pass on a potential deal this summer based simply on that logic is a stretch. 

Paul ###### Hamilton.   Why is this guy still around?   

Is this purely conjecture based on Eichel being a proud athlete?   Of course Eichel thinks he's as good as McDavid, or better, it's a character trait all great athletes posses, it's what makes them great.    But to assume he's going to pass on a potential deal this summer based simply on that logic is a stretch. 

Eichel would be smart to hold off on signing a contract now rather than signing one based off a season where he missed time, played in a crappy system under a crummy coach, and spent some of his time playing at less than 100% since he was coming off an injury.

It could be pride/ego or it could just be greed. He's not that good though. Guy is a minus player and doesn't even sport a lion tattoo.

Eichel would be smart to hold off on signing a contract now rather than signing one based off a season where he missed time, played in a crappy system under a crummy coach, and spent some of his time playing at less than 100% since he was coming off an injury.

It could be pride/ego or it could just be greed. He's not that good though. Guy is a minus player and doesn't even sport a lion tattoo.

Well... duh!

There's also the chance he gets hurt again and loses out on potential money.

Paul ###### Hamilton. Why is this guy still around?

Is this purely conjecture based on Eichel being a proud athlete? Of course Eichel thinks he's as good as McDavid, or better, it's a character trait all great athletes posses, it's what makes them great. But to assume he's going to pass on a potential deal this summer based simply on that logic is a stretch.

If Jack didn't think he was McClavicles equal i would be worried

Thinking he's "as good" as that guy is one thing.

Thinking that his past performance warrants being paid like him is quite another. 

I don't imagine that Eichel has an unrealistic view of how and whether he's "comparable" to McDavid for contract negotiating purposes.

Thinking he's "as good" as that guy is one thing.

Thinking that his past performance warrants being paid like him is quite another. 

I don't imagine that Eichel has an unrealistic view of how and whether he's "comparable" to McDavid for contract negotiating purposes.

I think it could mean that exactly.

Well... duh!

There's also the chance he gets hurt again and loses out on potential money.

Minimal risk though. Even if he tore his ACL in game 1 and missed the entire season the guy would still get paid. If the Sabres tried to low ball him his agent would have no trouble soliciting an offer sheet from another team. All it takes is one and then the Sabres are either forced to match or rebuild around a guy who will start to decline in a few short years (O'Reilly), a guy they don't even consider a center (Reinhart), or a guy too weak to even do a single pull up (Middelstadt).

Minimal risk though. Even if he tore his ACL in game 1 and missed the entire season the guy would still get paid. If the Sabres tried to low ball him his agent would have no trouble soliciting an offer sheet from another team. All it takes is one and then the Sabres are either forced to match or rebuild around a guy who will start to decline in a few short years (O'Reilly), a guy they don't even consider a center (Reinhart), or a guy too weak to even do a single pull up (Middelstadt).

Ok 2 things. First, Mittelstadt.

Second, he isn't weak. And will be even stronger next summer.