Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

Clearly talking about Paul ###### Hamilton.    I can't wait for the first Hamilton interview with Eichel... it's just gonna be head bobs and eyerolls from Jack .. yeah, uhhhuh, yep... next question?

I think Paul has no clue how to handle young stars  and develop that relationship because they don't kiss his ass and so he lashes out. IMPO. 

Clearly talking about Paul ###### Hamilton. I can't wait for the first Hamilton interview with Eichel... it's just gonna be head bobs and eyerolls from Jack .. yeah, uhhhuh, yep... next question?

Hamilton answers every question that Hamilton asks, so why even have the players there?

Hamilton answers every question that Hamilton asks, so why even have the players there?

yeah, he puts words into players mouths... and if the player isn't receptive to his style he goes public with comments made in a private setting.

Clearly talking about Paul ###### Hamilton.    I can't wait for the first Hamilton interview with Eichel... it's just gonna be head bobs and eyerolls from Jack .. yeah, uhhhuh, yep... next question?

It certainly seems that way.

If it is, Mr Hamm-sammich might wanna start workin' on his pucker & smile 'cause Eichel (& likely Reinhart) will be here a long while & he will at somepoint need to eat crow and smooch their creamy white arses. Either that or learn how to make Vanek-face after every conversation every day at the office for the next decade. What to do, what to do?

It certainly seems that way.

If it is, Mr Hamm-sammich might wanna start workin' on his pucker & smile 'cause Eichel (& likely Reinhart) will be here a long while & he will at somepoint need to eat crow and smooch their creamy white arses. Either that or learn how to make Vanek-face after every conversation every day at the office for the next decade. What to do, what to do?

He's going to do what he always does: come up with a way to make himself right. If Reinhart has a big year, I guarantee Hamilton will have something along the line of "Last year was a real wake up call for him. He's back to the practices and things that he did as a rookie and it show." Book it.

He's going to do what he always does: come up with a way to make himself right. If Reinhart has a big year, I guarantee Hamilton will have something along the line of "Last year was a real wake up call for him. He's back to the practices and things that he did as a rookie and it show." Book it.

It's almost like he believes his own hype. 

That's an absolute certainty.

But if he doesn't do some serious ballwashing the guys in the round dressing room are going to make his life miserable and apparently deservedly so.

Why isn't this done yet?!

They're letting Pi handle the negotiations and he won't budge above a one year qualifying offer until Eichel promises to get his +/- out of the red. My bet is Eichel is curled up in the fetal postion crying as Pi is showing the highlight reel of Jason Zucker and his league leading +34 on a repeating loop.

They're letting Pi handle the negotiations and he won't budge above a one year qualifying offer until Eichel promises to get his +/- out of the red. My bet is Eichel is curled up in the fetal postion crying as Pi is showing the highlight reel of Jason Zucker and his league leading +34 on a repeating loop.

That is priceless

Good news: Kuznetsov just signed at $7.8M for 8 years. Though I think Jack's upside demands more than that, I think this increased the likelihood we can sign him for $9M or less.

“$70 million of this mammoth eight-year contract extension is going to be paid out in signing bonus,” noted NHL Insider Darren Dreger during a phone-in hit on TSN. “And that fact has many around the National Hockey League talking about it. It speaks to the untrust, I would say, around labor history between the league and National Hockey League Players’ Association.

“Now, the Montreal Canadiens are a cash flow-based team, so they have some advantage in that. But there are many owners around the National Hockey League who absolutely hate paying out the signing bonus because they would prefer to pay out a business as the revenue comes in through the season, as opposed to paying for it up front.

“But when you’re a player of the significance of Carey Price, you’ve got that full leverage. Who wouldn’t want much of their salary paid out on July 1 or in the summer, as opposed to being paid out between October and April.

“So it’s going to be interesting to see whether the structure of some other deals carries over – Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews, Jack Eichel, Patrik Laine. When those deals are being both negotiated and ultimately announced, I think that we’ll see the trend continue.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/dreger-price-contract-structure-speaks-labor-history-distrust/

I thought that front loaded contracts were forbidden in the current CBA?  Maybe that was the last one?

Front loaded is ok, but there are various stipulations. Something about how the highest year salary can be no more than 50% higher than the lowest year salary and some other mumbo jumbo I can't remember. So we can front load it, but not to the point where they used to get front loaded in the past such as the Kovalchuck, Ehrhoff, and Hossa deals that end up with multiple seasons paying only $1 million per year at the end of the contract to artificially lower the AAV with the old wink wink that the player would retire or fake/embellish an injury (cough Hossa cough) conveniently when the contract starts paying them pennies in comparison to earlier in the contract.

IN that Eichel appearance on the Boston radio show, he mentioned that he just skated for the first time without his ankle taped up about a week ago. That injury blows

I wonder how many of his lacklustre games were due to:

A) Disco Dan

B) Immaturity

C) Ankle pain

No way to know, but would be an interesting breakdown

I wonder how many of his lacklustre games were due to:

A) Disco Dan

B) Immaturity

C) Ankle pain

No way to know, but would be an interesting breakdown

Jack Eichel doesn't even know the answer to this.

IN that Eichel appearance on the Boston radio show, he mentioned that he just skated for the first time without his ankle taped up about a week ago. That injury blows

I don't even like thinking about it, but are we thinking there's any chance there's long term affects associated with the injury?