Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

Out of curiosity, and assuming he was eligible for UFA today, what would people be willing to pay Tavares?  Also I remember a few here wanting to throw a max deal at Stamkos.  So would be willing to pay Jack more if he were on another team and trying to lure him versus feeling like we should get some sort of discount due to currently unfilled expectations of instant super stardom?  again Just curious.

Out of curiosity, and assuming he was eligible for UFA today, what would people be willing to pay Tavares?  Also I remember a few here wanting to throw a max deal at Stamkos.  So would be willing to pay Jack more if he were on another team and trying to lure him versus feeling like we should get some sort of discount due to currently unfilled expectations of instant super stardom?  again Just curious.

As good as Tavares is, I don't think he's a fit for the Sabres since we have Eichel, ROR, maybe Reinhart, and Middlestad in the pipeline. The money you would have to overpay him on the UFA market would be between 8-10 million maybe? I don't know. That money needs to be spent on the blue line.

Ok 2 things. First, Mittelstadt.

Second, he isn't weak. And will be even stronger next summer.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. It's funny that he couldn't do a pull up but it doesn't concern me nearly as much as it bothers Eleven. The name mispelling was just an honest mistake. I was so careful to make sure I did the el instead of le that I used d's instead of t's.

If he scores 100 points and gets the Sabres to the 2nd round he can have $13.5 million. Also, Paul Hamilton can eat a bag of ######. He knows nothing about anything.

Yessir.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. It's funny that he couldn't do a pull up but it doesn't concern me nearly as much as it bothers Eleven. The name mispelling was just an honest mistake. I was so careful to make sure I did the el instead of le that I used d's instead of t's.

I hate when that happens.

This probably warrants its own thread -- but I can't figure out how to link to an iTunes podcast, so I'll note it here: Eichel gave a lengthy interview with the hockey nutters who host Barstool Sports Spittin Chiclets podcast. A must listen, really.

If Sabres fans think Eichel is going to take 8M or so long term to stay in Buffalo, I also have beach property to sell you in North Dakota.

There's gotta be a lake somewhere in North Dakota....

I'm only a few minutes in, but we don't deserve this kid.

And TBN can go to hell. As well as any media entity that took the Jack meme and ran with it, and the fans that perpetuate it to this day. 

OK what did I miss here?

OK what did I miss here?

The Eichel Godfather thing of him getting everyone fired

Right. Eichel makes some passing reference to how one media outlet sorta gave the meme a bit of a boost (Twitter? the blog?), and then it really took off from there. I guess it was TBN? Not sure.

F'n A, Cotton. F'n A!

Welp.

I guess the new hope is that he stays south of $10M.

I don't remember the details but I remember a lot of "well you got what you wanted Jack" from those guys, and maybe PH. One of the claims was completely denied by Jack and contradicted another piece of evidence. I shouldn't have said anything since this is all the detail I can provide at the moment :lol:

Just finished listening to this... 

- said he would consider switching his number to #9 if it became available

- made a comment about how easy it was to play on team NA because the centers didn't need to help much in their own end due to the passing/skating skill of the dmen

- focusing on trying to get better at faceoffs

- typical comment about the local media in Buffalo, they kiss your ass when you play well,  all over you when you play like

- said he's not involved with contract discussions, leaving it up to his agent and focusing on hockey   

It's official: GM/Coach/player Eichel is trading Kane.

Oh, man. Well done. That meme clearly irritated him, at least initially.

Listening again: One of the hosts says there were a lot of memes out there after the FO changes (hahaha), Eichel says "you know me, and you know that's" not who I am or what I'm about, the host says it's amazing to see what the media can do in these kinds of situations, then Eichel observes, yeah, "you see one person write it and then it catches on like wild fire."

So. Not clear whether Eichel thinks that "one person" was in or of the media. Maybe not. He may just be referring to "one person" in the Twittersphere.

I may have gotten the wrong idea on that, as Eichel later talks about how he avoids listening to/reading/watching local media coverage as much as he can because he knows exactly what it's going to be (as pi noted upthread).

Edited by That Aud Smell

Oh, man. Well done. That meme clearly irritated him, at least initially.

Listening again: One of the hosts says there were a lot of memes out there after the FO changes (hahaha), Eichel says "you know me, and you know that's not me," the host says it's amazing to see what the media can do in these kinds of situations, then Eichel observes how "you see one person write it" and then it catches on like wild fire.

So. Not clear whether Eichel thinks that "one person" was in or of the media. Maybe not. He may just be referring to "one person" in the Twittersphere.

I may have gotten the wrong idea on that, as Eichel later talks about how he avoids listening to/reading/watching local media coverage as much as he can because he knows exactly what it's going to be (as pi noted upthread).

Clearly talking about Paul Hamilton.    I can't wait for the first Hamilton interview with Eichel... it's just gonna be head bobs and eyerolls from Jack .. yeah, uhhhuh, yep... next question?