Rebounds: Which Sabre Rises from the Ashes?

LGR4GM

Redemption  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sabre has the best turnaround under the new coaches?

• Bogosian
    • Moulson
    • Ennis
    • Girgensons
    • Other, please list

I think both Girgs and Bogo have an equal shot at redeption. They both play a game I can only describe as dumb. Not that either are dumb, but their game is dumb. I suspect that an up tempo attacking game will suit both of them.

They are both better than we saw last year! (No where to go but up!) Bogo will be a physical D-man who hits and can carry the puck, unlike last year, where he was lost for the entire year. I think Grigs could be a good option on ROR left side and PK 1 winger 

I think both Girgs and Bogo have an equal shot at redeption. They both play a game I can only describe as dumb. Not that either are dumb, but their game is dumb. I suspect that an up tempo attacking game will suit both of them.

I give the slight edge to Bogo, just because I remember how effective he was when we first acquired him. I have blind faith that Housley can resurrect that with better coaching. But I do think we will see a motivated and improved Girgs as well.

I'm not sure that Moulson or Bogo get a chance to, on this team anyways. Too many contracts, too many players, too much salary cap, and still need to add a few UFA's.

JBot's got a busy weekend.

Damn you and your teasing.  And I'm out of town all weekend.

So coaching doesn't matter?

Playing matters.

I think the old coach preached such a terrible system that it made most of the team worse than they are, especially on the blue line.  I expect the whole team to rebound this year under a more up-tempo system.

I think collectively as a group they can play better, but to say any single guy is going to suddenly rise from the asshes because of Dr. Phil... is just wishful thinking.   Maybe in some other universe, not this one.

But can you coach a good college education? 

The college education in and of itself isn't as important as what it represents.   

Edited by pi2000

We have had a good discussion on this in the past.

Simple, instinctive and reactive hockey that is not heavy on white boards with X's and O's is how I remember the *dumb* hockey, and couldn't agree more.

Girgs and Bogo should look the same as Nolan left them, and I would be happy with that.

I went with other and was thinking Kulikov whom I think we may re-sign. 

Interesting, if they think he will and he is healthy, better than Gorges and probably better the Bogo.  It sure would solidify D corps for next year.  He sure skated better in the last few games, once he rested his back.  That was a nasty hit he took and would shake anyone's play for a while.  

Went with Bogo. He was a top 3 first round pick. He has so much potential and I think under Housley he will excel

Potential he hasn't yet unleashed in his 8 full seasons in the NHL?

I sure hope he can fit in as a number 4 who occasionally makes some plays, reduces the number of times he coughs it up in his own end as has been his tendency, and stays healthy enough to play at least 65 games. That would be a win for Bogo. 

The more I think about it... the defense probably produces more points, but the forwards will produce less.    Could see a step down in production for guys like ROR and Eichel.    Everybody OK with that?

The more I think about it... the defense probably produces more points, but the forwards will produce less. Could see a step down in production for guys like ROR and Eichel. Everybody OK with that?

I don't think the forwards will produce less--I think they'll produce more (as a group). I do think we'll be giving up more goals, so the question is whether the offense grows more than the goals against regresses.

I don't think the forwards will produce less--I think they'll produce more (as a group). I do think we'll be giving up more goals, so the question is whether the offense grows more than the goals against regresses.

You mean ROR and KO aren't going to dip below the far-worst-than-previous-worst-season ES production they showed last season? And last season was the anomaly, it wasn't the new norm? 

Inked_Points_aging_1_LI.jpg

Huzzah, I was thinking the red was the new ROR (i just scribbled that, please ignore that it's not normalized or actually mapped out based on his stats)

Edited by Randall Flagg

You mean ROR and KO aren't going to dip below the far-worst-than-previous-worst-season ES production they showed last season? And last season was the anomaly, it wasn't the new norm?

Inked_Points_aging_1_LI.jpg

Huzzah, I was thinking the red was the new ROR (i just scribbled that, please ignore that it's not normalized or actually mapped out based on his stats)

Honestly, I'd have believed those were the actual stats :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.