Rebounds: Which Sabre Rises from the Ashes?

LGR4GM

Redemption  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sabre has the best turnaround under the new coaches?

• Bogosian
    • Moulson
    • Ennis
    • Girgensons
    • Other, please list

Bylsma sucked. Which Sabre will see the biggest turnaround in their game following the switch to a new coach. Eichel doesn't count because he was good and will just be even better. I mean a guy who looked crappy in the 2 years of Bylsma and will now just actually be a hockey player. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I think both Girgs and Bogo have an equal shot at redeption. They both play a game I can only describe as dumb. Not that either are dumb, but their game is dumb. I suspect that an up tempo attacking game will suit both of them.

Make a poll. Let's see who people have the most faith in. There's a handful of players who we could want to rebound.

-Moulson

-Ennis

-Girgs

-Bogo

Is there anyone else? Can Ristolainen be on that list? 

Risto had a pretty solid season as is.

I think Gorges and Ennis can't, because of age/injuries. I don't think Bogosian will become a good hockey player but there's a decent chance he's not quite as bad. I see a lot of growth potential in Zemgus, and I liked hearing them describe him as versatile because I think being the center on a low line in the type of system Housley described, OR opening space for Jack, can be good for him. He and Jack perform well together. 

I need to see what the system looks like on the ice before I can make predictions about a guy like Sam, though I know Liger isn't talking about a player like him. 

I think Foligno had the best years of his career the past two, as in the most consistent, so I don't think he's a candidate.

I voted for Bogo. I think we saw what Moulson will be last year and, while I hope I'm wrong, Enzo is donezo.

I know nothing about Bogosian pre-sabres. What prompted the insane deal he has right now? Did he ever play at a level to earn the contract or was WPG management hoping he would have grown into the contract and have it be "value" down the line if he projected the way they thought he would?

None: they are who we thought they were.

Bogosian is not good. He has never been good. Be will not be good. Though I do expect he'll be improved enough that we're no longer pining for the days of Mess and Balls.

Ennis is cooked. He's not the same, and the league is so much faster now, that even with his old wheels he wouldn't have a speed advantage.

Moulson is shot. He can put up some PP points, but is overall pretty useless. He just can keep up anymore.

Girgensons never died.

I think Bogosian is what he's always been. A decent defender that has issues staying healthy and will occasionally make out right dumb decisions. With the right linemate his mistakes can be covered, but I don't see his upside honestly getting great out of nowhere.

Ennis will get better and more fun to watch but I think he's not going to improve and be one of our top guys. Which is unfortunate, because he was a great player to watch and I loved rooting for his success.

Moulson will stay right where he was last year. Kind of meh, good on the powerplay, but slow. I think he's got one more season before it gets worse and retirement is a serious thought. Especially if he get injured.

That leaves us with Girgensons. The guy who looked absolutely lost on the ice all season. If anyone was in the doghouse with Bylsma it was Girgs. Then he tried to get on board and lost all semblance of looking like he had under Nolan. He'll have the most dramatic rise again simply because I can imagine he has to be the most excited for a new coach. That alone will have him pushing himself harder. Plus, with him playing a more run and gun game that doesn't require him memorizing 9 dry erase board I think he'll trust his instincts more and have an extra step to his game. Having fun and playing the game his way will be dramatic for him.

I don't think a new coach will improve the play of Bogosian... or anybody for that matter.    

I picked Ennis because I'm hoping he's turned the corner and we'll see the Ennis of a few years back.

I don't think a new coach will improve the play of Bogosian... or anybody for that matter.   

I think the old coach preached such a terrible system that it made most of the team worse than they are, especially on the blue line.  I expect the whole team to rebound this year under a more up-tempo system.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.