Sabres Pick #54: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (G)

LGR4GM

Have no idea.....but, the one question I really have to have an answer to

.....was this pick a direct challenge to the addida seamstress who will have to fit his name on the Jersey?

No shoulder patches  :angry: so extra space for that monstrosity of a name.  :P

So was this a position pick or BPA?  Seriously asking; not being argumentative.

#1 ranked european goalie, and after losing cal we needed this pick.

Luukkonen: "Really happy it's Buffalo. Great organization.. was just there for the Combine. It's a beautiful city."

Always good to have a player that actually wants to be here.

Based on the fact that 11 goalies would be selected in the 60 picks following this pick (incredibly high number), six of which were taken before our next opportunity to select at #89, I think we did a good job reading the board and taking initiative.  Position of need filled with a good prospect.  Big goalie with speed.  I don't know the deficiencies with UPL, but positioning and technique can be coached.

Based on the fact that 11 goalies would be selected in the 60 picks following this pick (incredibly high number), six of which were taken before our next opportunity to select at #89, I think we did a good job reading the board and taking initiative.  Position of need filled with a good prospect.  Big goalie with speed.  I don't know the deficiencies with UPL, but positioning and technique can be coached.

He's young and learning, other than that he seems good. I just hope MODO likes him to be honest. 

He's young and learning, other than that he seems good. I just hope MODO likes him to be honest.

He is from Finland. I would think MODO despises all things Finnish when it comes to hockey. ;)

It's definitely nice to have a blue chip goaltending prospect in the system.

And we added another forward blue-chipper.

Still looking for that defensive blue-chipper though. Maybe through trade?

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.