Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

That was how I took it. I'm surprised everyone else got so bent out of shape over it. It was Charlie speak. 

Elected officials in this country say far more sinister things through far less vulgar language on a daily basis, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure what Charlie speak is.

I'm not bent out of shape. I just think that familiar expressions - vulgar or otherwise - that arose from a prejudice or bias against a certain class of people should be abandoned. 

I also find it silly and implausible to contend that the expression at issue here is not such an expression.

I'm also not at all interested in just being sure that I clear the low, low bar that certain publicly elected officials have set.

Not sure what Charlie speak is.

I'm not bent out of shape. I just think that familiar expressions - vulgar or otherwise - that arose from a prejudice or bias against a certain class of people should be abandoned. 

I also find it silly and implausible to contend that the expression at issue here is not such an expression.

I'm also not at all interested in just being sure that I clear the low, low bar that certain publicly elected officials have set.

I probably shouldn't say this or anything related to it, and nfreeman can delete this if he wants, but it is simply amazing to compare the rich, deep characters that have held post in the past to the twitter diarrhea we get now

And then I think about how this kid has 156 points in the NHL already in only 187 games, on the teams he’s played on, at ages ranging from 18-21.

A rare talent.

Yea, but sometimes he looks to the rafters when he misses a shot. And he broke his stick twice. So, y'know, he's a spoiled brat who should get AHL time and earn it.

Sorry, I may or may not still be bitter about how he was getting crushed 'round these parts earlier in the season :lol:

Yea, but sometimes he looks to the rafters when he misses a shot. And he broke his stick twice. So, y'know, he's a spoiled brat who should get AHL time and earn it.

Sorry, I may or may not still be bitter about how he was getting crushed 'round these parts earlier in the season :lol:

#triggered

It was a silly.

Just finished watching Ducks vs. Kings.  Two periods of epic goaltender duel.  The third period saw three goals (Ducks won 2-1), all of which were hard fought as was the whole game really.  Just fun hockey.

This Kings/Ducks game is just fun hockey.

Yes.  Great to watch.

#triggered

Kid has taken a step up... He is hitting guys on the boards, getting back defensively... think we are finally seeing Jack take the next step and man I feel it coming, him and Middlestud are going to make this team special...  If they can draft a winger or two and another stud D and hope Ollofson or Pu et all can take the next step gotta believe this team is slowly coming.  At this point I love that the team is playing harder but still losing.  Next year all these one goal losses are gonna flip, especially if Ullmark is in goal.

Coyotes beat the Blues 5-2. They have now tied us with 31 points, although we still have 2 games in hand. I have it on good authority that we can easily lose those games without gaining any points though. If this team is good at anything, it's losing.

Edited by Alkoholist

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.