Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Terry wannabe?

Worse. Much much worse.

From John Shannon

The inside story of the 'Canes change is that the owner wants to deal directly with the coaches and the players...and have a figure head GM. Dundon wants to do it like Mark Cuban runs the NBA Mavericks.

Worse. Much much worse.

From John Shannon

The inside story of the 'Canes change is that the owner wants to deal directly with the coaches and the players...and have a figure head GM. Dundon wants to do it like Mark Cuban runs the NBA Mavericks.

Oh my.

Worse. Much much worse.

From John Shannon

That.... that’s not a good idea...

Holy chapped biscuits on the new Canes owner, man.

Also, I am intrigued: If Francis stays on as President of Hockey Ops (maybe where he should have been from the start?), but if the new owner wants a direct line to and through the GM -- then what exactly is a PoHO doing?

Also, I am intrigued: If Francis stays on as President of Hockey Ops (maybe where he should have been from the start?), but if the new owner wants a direct line to and through the GM -- then what exactly is a PoHO doing?

Face-savingly not being fired.

See, PA? Terry's not so bad after all! :P

Having read up a bit on their new owner, at least he seems to have the chops to possibly pull it off. I doubt his first act as owner was to visit the Raleigh Times Observer and point fingers.

Sounds a lot like the situation LaFontaine found himself in. Also, did Ryan not report directly to Pegula? Not 100% on this, but I think McDermott and Beane report directly to him (them) as well.

Obviously these rich guys know what they're doing.

Did the Sens lottery protect that pick they gave up as part of the Duchene trade? If not, would they give Colorado Duchene back for the pick straight up? I'm guessing, yes, & that the Avs would say 'no.' :lol:

Funny you mention that..I was just checking that and nowhere do I see that it is a lottery protected pick. What a steal for Colorado if they get Dahlin plus they got a 1st round pick Shane Bowers(ottawas 28th overall pick in 2017) and a 2nd round pick in 2019.Just checked and I forgot they got a bunch from Nashville too...NHL rookie defenseman Samuel Girard, AHL forward Vladislav Kamenev and a second-round pick in this year's draft. Crazy

Edited by Sabre fan

That looks much more innocent than the gudas hit, he looked like he was trying to avoid contact there and just caught him awkwardly

Getting outta way yes once he saw hawks player prepared for hit, extending arms clothes lining player was intentional and bs

That looks much more innocent than the gudas hit, he looked like he was trying to avoid contact there and just caught him awkwardly

I can buy what your selling but whose first instinct to avoid contact is flinging all you appendages upward in a violent manner.

I can buy what your selling but whose first instinct to avoid contact is flinging all you appendages upward in a violent manner.

It does look suspect and I'm a cynic, but I've done some wonky things in close quarters at a much slower speed, so I will give the benefit of the doubt this time

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.