Housley Named Sabres Head Coach

Brawndo

I would honestly need to see it be done, I'm good after watching, otherwise my add gets the best of me

And this is why you do what you do. Got it. If ever there was a thing that could hold my attention.

Am I unrealistic for expecting playoffs this season?

IMO,  we have a realistic chance but I do think expecting it might be unrealistic.  We need to see how our roster shapes out after the off season is over - especially in regard to Kane.  If Kane gets dealt we'll take a step back offensively - we really need him and 2 more players to step up on offense for this team to be a playoff team - even if Kane brings us a defenseman.

I do expect us to be better on defense almost immediately - which should give the couple of players I mentioned above the opportunity.

IMO,  we have a realistic chance but I do think expecting it might be unrealistic.  We need to see how our roster shapes out after the off season is over - especially in regard to Kane.  If Kane gets dealt we'll take a step back offensively - we really need him and 2 more players to step up on offense for this team to be a playoff team - even if Kane brings us a defenseman.

I do expect us to be better on defense almost immediately - which should give the couple of players I mentioned above the opportunity.

I think we could lose Kane, and still be better offensively, by a mile.

Would we be better offensively this season than we would without him? Probably. 

You feel the suffering of a brain that never stops?! It's great for my career, not so great for life in general.

How many expect our D to REGRESS under Housley?!

After Bylsma if it regresses, Jack should ask for a trade and just bail because we have  all the problems. 

You feel the suffering of a brain that never stops?! It's great for my career, not so great for life in general.

Oh God no, I don't have nearly enough brain activity to have a brain that never stops. Just a cheap joke.

I think we could lose Kane, and still be better offensively, by a mile.

Would we be better offensively this season than we would without him? Probably. 

How do you explain being better by a mile?  Better system?

After Bylsma if it regresses, Jack should ask for a trade and just bail because we have all the problems.

I have optimism, but hey, this is buffalo and we've seen things go bad quickly....

Ah gotcha, I'm still a blonde lol

I have optimism, but hey, this is buffalo and we've seen things go bad quickly....

Ah gotcha, I'm still a blonde lol

I have optimism too. I really believe that Bylsma is an awful coach who got inside his best players heads more often then not. He wasn't a leader at all. I think Housley has a good shot at being a good coach but I will hold out until I see the playoffs. Botterill at this point has been good. I think managing the cap is something we desperately need. 

I have optimism too. I really believe that Bylsma is an awful coach who got inside his best players heads more often then not. He wasn't a leader at all. I think Housley has a good shot at being a good coach but I will hold out until I see the playoffs. Botterill at this point has been good. I think managing the cap is something we desperately need. 

I was optimistic last year, even with byslma, but that completely drained me, not expecting much tbh.

He's probably not familiar with the team. If they say the same things in October then maybe I've been wrong and Sam's a winger.

Keep in mind I didn't hear him mention Larsson either.

FWIW, up until a few days before he was signed he had some other stuff going on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.