The 2nd Annual Great SS Meetup! Saturday March 10th, 1pm

WildCard

What size are you?

Full 3 piece, 42R

I've seen your family. Even if one of your children wore my size when they were 10, they were most certainly a foot taller than me. Lol

We expect you to own one.

I really should. I wear one every new year's Eve. It would have paid for itself many times over by now. Edited by ubkev

Full 3 piece, 42R

I've seen your family. Even if one of your children wore my size when they were 10, they were most certainly a foot taller than me. Lol.

I went home from OLV in a 42R onesie. In 1961. Oh, well.

I've slimmed down, though. I can offer a 46R. Eat some pizzas! You've got 8 months.

I'd go but I like some anonymity.

Easily done. Eleven wanted the same IIRC and he was granted it. 

Really we just want people to come. Whatever we can do to help that, we will try. In the end, this is all about this great community coming together

Easily done. Eleven wanted the same IIRC and he was granted it.

Really we just want people to come. Whatever we can do to help that, we will try. In the end, this is all about this great community coming together

You use great very loosely.

It's sad to say that part of me will not be there this year.

RIP, flow... :(

Then why bother showing up/  :w00t:

Okay, so I'm more along the line of Zero Tux Given.  However, I could probably pull off some horrible 70's garb... I think.

Oh, so I'm aiming for this:

cigarettegirl.jpg

Sorry fellas, it's me, so it'll be more like this.

500full.jpg

You are so creatively awesome. Serious question ... do the creative, the artists, know and feel how they're different when they're among the un gifted? Do you feel the joy and awe? Does it warm you? Does it occasionally unsettle or alienate you?

I love the presence of someone specially different. When younger, I envied the steady hands of artists. As I've grown, I've come to know it's more the eyes, brain and hearts that are different; the steady hands less critically so.

Envy's left me completely and has been replaced by gratefulness. Your gift is a gift to me.

I'll make the same 46 Regular offer to you that I made to ubkev. What a comical sight. You'd be lovely, lost in cloth!

PS .. don't do it!

Edited by Neo

You are so creatively awesome. Serious question ... do the creative, the artists, know and feel how they're different when they're among the un gifted? Do you feel the joy and awe? Does it warm you? Does it occasionally unsettle or alienate you?

I love the presence of someone specially different. When younger, I envied the steady hands of artists. As I've grown, I've come to know its more the eyes, brain and hearts that are different; the steady hands less critically so.

Envy's left me completely and has been replaced by gratefulness. Your gift is a gift to me.

I'll make the same 46 Regular offer to you that I made to ubkev. What a comical sight. You'd be lovely, lost in cloth!

PS .. don't do it!

Sorry- just saw this- not really sure this thread is the place for this, but oh well I guess, sorry to bother you internet strangers. Scroll onward. 

I dunno. You might've asked a question that might be at the crux of a lot of my issues. You're good at that, Neo.

Around non creatives, I sometimes feel that they're looking down on me for being an artist, delusional with my hobby, goofing around until I get a real job. And yet I prefer being around non-creatives because there's less pressure. 

Joy/awe. Sometimes it warms me, a lot of times it makes me feel sort of embarrassed... I'm trying to get better at just saying "thank you!" & not telling them how whatever they're saying they like is flawed/wrong/not what I intended. I enjoy support, I'm excited about what I do, I want to share it, but then I feel like a bit of a jerk "oh look at me I painted a pretty picture".

It's my personal nature. I could've been the epidemiologist or cardiologist or other -ologist/STEM professional valued by society everyone expected me to be & I'd say/feel the exact same way about every report or diagnosis I made.

But I can also tell you that the majority of the creatives I know also feel this way. I've seen so many quit what they love/are amazing at to make ends meet/have health insurance/be respected, & it hurts my soul every time. That would be the ultimate failure for me... & I guess I feel like it's Damocles' sword over my head, a matter of time before I have to hang up the paintbrushes & go be an accountant or something I hate so I can make ends meet. And I feel most people would roll their eyes & go "well, what did you expect? You gave it a good run." 

I guess I could pull off an Annie Hall look if I tried... One of my good friends got a suit tailored and she looks adorable in it. Or just go Talking Heads style...

giphy.gif

haha on a sweet suit note- check out the difference in suit style between 2007 and 2017 on the NBA draft

aAIFbCB.jpg

Tailoring ftw. 

Edited by Josie914

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.