The 2nd Annual Great SS Meetup! Saturday March 10th, 1pm

WildCard

Sometimes life serves up gifts ...

To Josie and D4rk ....

Creatives, Teddy Roosevelt, and Vulnerability ....

https://youtu.be/8-JXOnFOXQk

I'm only 5 min in and she's already said about 100% of the things on my mind. 

Yeah. Don't read the comments. Made that mistake with some of my work a few times. It's hard not to... Apparently a "drunk toddler could do better than this" and "seriously, why would you give this guy money when there's real artists out there" (they always assume I'm male it's great), and from people I know, "you're just a glorified copy artist, that's not real art or talent." Boy, that's been a fun one lately. And it's why I haven't been doing the work I like most (the realistic portraits). My peers and a couple superiors let me know I'm regarded as a hack. And now I have a mental block on it. Because I don't want to "art it up" to make it "real" and let them win, but I also feel like sh!t about the way I paint now.

Good stuff. 

I'm only 5 min in and she's already said about 100% of the things on my mind. 

Yeah. Don't read the comments. Made that mistake with some of my work a few times. It's hard not to... Apparently a "drunk toddler could do better than this" and "seriously, why would you give this guy money when there's real artists out there" (they always assume I'm male it's great), and from people I know, "you're just a glorified copy artist, that's not real art or talent." Boy, that's been a fun one lately. And it's why I haven't been doing the work I like most (the realistic portraits). My peers and a couple superiors let me know I'm regarded as a hack. And now I have a mental block on it. Because I don't want to "art it up" to make it "real" and let them win, but I also feel like sh!t about the way I paint now.

Good stuff.

Do what pays the Bills and then do what you like on the side. The people who like your style and compared to the person doing the NHL paintings you are awesome, so keep it going.

I'm a non-creative, and I for one have nothing but admiration for someone like you, who truly creates.  I'm just a cog in a machine at a very large corporation.  Although I know my work brings value to the company, and I occasionally get a thank-your from someone for it, my work is not personally rewarding in any way.  At the end of my career I think there will be very little I will look back at with a special pride or a feeling that my contribution was unique.  I harbor no illusions; if I wasn't doing what I do, someone else would.

So when I look at someone who steps out to start a company, or chase their dream, or create, I have nothing but admiration for them.  To me, the tragedy would be if you got a "real job."  In the end, it's the innovators and creators that shape an mold our world. 

That's life here. The strange thing is what I'm working now is probably the best chance I have at doing something that could actually save lives and make a difference (it's related to emergency services communications during a disaster), but I'm completely uninterested in the work. The opposite is often true, I like the nuts and bolts of the work but the system isn't anything I care about.

So, we had our annual ticket draft and things didn't go quite like I expected. The Vegas game was more of a priority for some then I had imagined. As of now, I have 10 seats for the game and am working on acquiring another 6 via trade.

Seven(7) people have pre-paid leaving me with 3 in hand at present. I have decided to save one for Wildcard as he has been a driving force behind this, leaving me with 2 extra tickets at present. I will reserve those for the first two that are able to pay for them and will not accept any other funds until I can confirm that I will have more to move.

I know that a couple of people that paid for tickets may be willing to sell their seats but I would rather not con volute things at this time. I am pretty sure I will be able to acquire other seats near are sections come September when tickets are actually e mailed but I obviously can't guarantee that.

This year was complicated by the fact that there wasn't a 41st home game that I could pre-buy, but this is all on me and I apologize for the inconvenience and uncertainty of it all.

So, we had our annual ticket draft and things didn't go quite like I expected. The Vegas game was more of a priority for some then I had imagined. As of now, I have 10 seats for the game and am working on acquiring another 6 via trade.

Seven(7) people have pre-paid leaving me with 3 in hand at present. I have decided to save one for Wildcard as he has been a driving force behind this, leaving me with 2 extra tickets at present. I will reserve those for the first two that are able to pay for them and will not accept any other funds until I can confirm that I will have more to move.

I know that a couple of people that paid for tickets may be willing to sell their seats but I would rather not con volute things at this time. I am pretty sure I will be able to acquire other seats near are sections come September when tickets are actually e mailed but I obviously can't guarantee that.

This year was complicated by the fact that there wasn't a 41st home game that I could pre-buy, but this is all on me and I apologize for the inconvenience and uncertainty of it all.

TW you can just rip up my check if there are more people interested.  I'm sure I can find a way to the game.

Thanks for everything Tom, but we won't be needing any tickets to no Sabres game.

I move that we move the meetup to Puerto Rico ...

My wife played me that video.  I think there are two dudes singing in it, or something.

Who's with me on the relocation?  Inky, I know I can count on you.

I still haven't heard from anyone wanting last ticket. If I don't by Friday I will ask eleven if I can cash his check and not solicit anymore people until I come up with more tickets.

If you don't hear from anyone by Friday, go on ahead.  Also, if you need tickets as trade capital, I'm sure I can come up with a game or two.

Edited by Eleven

• 2 weeks later...

Some house keeping;

1) Tickets should be available for transfer late next week.

2) All 10 of my tickets are accounted for

3) Four of my 10 seats are club level seats. I can trade them for four tickets closer to the seats the other six people have or four of you can use the club seats at no additional cost. Let me know via pm your thoughts

4) There are 2 or 3 people selling tickets on craigslist and stubhub if anyone else wants to get tickets. In order to be close together you want to be near to 117.

5) I also have 4 club seats for the Columbus Day game if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

I have the tickets but right now I still have 4 of them in the Club level section that I know I can trade for some in 117, 118. There are plenty on sale on stubhub for others that want to attend. Again, I apologize for not securing all 14 tickets that were available to me, One less home game and a surprising demand for this game caught me off guard. The 10 people with tickets from me are;

drk4 

josie

ubkev

touched

taro

free

eleven

wildcard

bio

wyldwood

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.