Post your defenceman trade proposals here

dudacek

one of our 2nd round picks for Manson.   He should fit in our #5 - 6 spot.

Our 1st round pick + prospect for Brodin

role with 

Brodin - Risto

McCabe - Antipin (wonder if he plays left D or not still though. )

Guhle - Manson

Bogo/Gorges ( will see what Vegas does here, not much faith though)

Thanks for postng that one dudacek.  Very good breakdown.

It does sound like JBott will be able to acquire a decent defenseman if he's so inclined.

Interesting Washington's Nate Schmidt might be available. Thought he was one of DC's best puck carrying defensemen in the playoffs and seemed to come into his own. Have no idea of his age or contract, but interesting thought for the Sabres.

Interesting Washington's Nate Schmidt might be available. Thought he was one of DC's best puck carrying defensemen in the playoffs and seemed to come into his own. Have no idea of his age or contract, but interesting thought for the Sabres.

Yes please. Him, Antipin, maybe one other small addition like Russell, and a decent sized trade would make this defense...okay.

Me neither, but they have a lot of forwards to protect so I guess, but seriously, if available, I'd give up the 8th pick for him in a heart beat.

What? We're talking Nate Schmidt right? Hell no do I give the 8th overall pick for him, no.

Me neither, but they have a lot of forwards to protect so I guess, but seriously, if available, I'd give up the 8th pick for him in a heart beat.

More diplomatic Liger: I do not. Schmidt is the type of guy you bring in as a #5 with some reasonable hope he can emerge in a top-4 role. The #8 pick is in play for me, but only for an established top-4. That's not Schmidt IMO.

Muzzin for 13th overall, Petan and Dano.

or

Ryan Murray for 13th overall and Petan.

one of our 2nd round picks for Manson.   He should fit in our #5 - 6 spot.

Our 1st round pick + prospect for Brodin

role with 

Brodin - Risto

McCabe - Antipin (wonder if he plays left D or not still though. )

Guhle - Manson

Bogo/Gorges ( will see what Vegas does here, not much faith though)

There is no way in hell anyone is getting Manson for a 2nd....I'd give our 13th for him.

Bottom pairing D in anaheim though.

It's interesting how metrics change things. I measure the defenseman's 'number' by the strength of the opponents PP minutes. Using that metric, Manson only trails Depres in 5-5 play among defensemen. Looking at their team, it doesn't really look like Anaheim tries to match defensemen to the opponent's top players, but they do match forwards.

At least among the first two pairs. They try to hide Bieska, Theodore, and Montour.

Fair enough on 8, but Schmidt is emerging, just saying make a deal. Trade a young forward, whatever... make it happen is all im saying

He and Ghule would be a good future 2nd pair imo.

He's 26 in July. This season I would argue to be within 10% of his ceiling. So that means he's 4/5 guy. You don't spend an 8th overall pick for that.

My point is he isn't emerging. What you see now is roughly what you will get. Risto is emerging. Schmidt is what he is.

Edited by LGR4GM

He's 26 in July. This season I would argue to be within 10% of his ceiling. So that means he's 4/5 guy. You don't spend an 8th overall pick for that.

My point is he isn't emerging. What you see now is roughly what you will get. Risto is emerging. Schmidt is what he is.

I am fine not spending the 8th pick on him, but one could argue he finally got his chance with Washington and shined, especially in the playoffs. Get him for as cheap as possible but based on what I saw he is more a 3-4 guy and serviceable 2 in a pinch. He was one of DCs best puck moving defensemen during the playoffs. As we have seen some of these guys just need the right opportunity to show what they can do. I say get him. Edited by North Buffalo

I like Orlov a lot more than Schmidt. From what I remember, Orlov was the best Caps D-man at holding the puck and creating offense in the playoffs.

Just checked, Orlov was outscored by Schmidt, Niskanen, Shattenkirk, and Carlson in the playoffs, but they were all pretty close.

I just remember a Caps defense that rushed plays and forced the point shot instead of working to get more dangerous chances. Orlov stood out to me as the D-man that consistently made good decisions in the O-zone.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I like Orlov a lot more than Schmidt. From what I remember, Orlov was the best Caps D-man at holding the puck and creating offense in the playoffs.

Just checked, Orlov was outscored by Schmidt, Niskanen, Shattenkirk, and Carlson in the playoffs, but they were all pretty close.

I just remember a Caps defense that rushed plays and forced the point shot instead of working to get more dangerous chances. Orlov stood out to me as the D-man that consistently made good decisions in the O-zone.

Orlov yes please but doubt Caps let him go..

When do the caps think about a mini teardown? I mean they aren't built for the cup, they're close, but something has gotta give. Maybe we have something to offer that fits their vision and allows us to take a Dman from them

I doubt they want to weaken their D. If I was the Caps I'd be trying to trade Ovi.

I don't follow them closely enough.... Where is their weakness, where do they fall short in the playoffs

They don't really have a weakness on paper. I think Backstrom is the true gem and trading Ovi would be the chemistry shake-up that they need, not to mention the return would be pretty dang good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.