Post your defenceman trade proposals here

dudacek

I'd shoot for Slavin with ROR, not Faulk. 

Faulk's great in the o-zone and average in the d-zone, but he does a lot of annoying things in transition.

I could get on board with this. Is Slavin generally Faulk's partner on the top pair? If so, that could definitely help to balance out our talent between the left and right side.

I don't see how we come out ahead in any ROR trade. I'm one of Reinhart's biggest boosters, but he's nowhere near ready to handle the minutes O'Reilly eats. It's not just robbing Peter to pay Paul, but it's burning Peter's house down on top of it.

Eichel would take O'Reilly's minutes and Reinhart would take Eichel's minutes on the second line.

I could get on board with this. Is Slavin generally Faulk's partner on the top pair? If so, that could definitely help to balance out our talent between the left and right side.

Eichel would take O'Reilly's minutes and Reinhart would take Eichel's minutes on the second line.

He's played 306 minutes with Faulk, over 1000 with Pesce, and trace amounts with the other RHD. 

Ultimately I wouldn't go for trading ROR and if I was dead set on one of those guys I'd try to make it work with Samson and something else. 

Have you seen Eichel's defense? In no world of the multiverse do I want him our primary checking option against the Crosbys of the world.

exactly 

giphy.gif

I like that on this same board there are people who are really upset we lost Carrier and also people who want to trade ROR. Very diverse crowd.

You use the word "people", but I only see one person advocating for ROR to be traded.

In the summer, in a "post your defensemen trade proposals here" thread.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I don't get it

He said there's people advocating for trading ROR, when that hasn't really been the case, so I tried to make a joke wherein your adjusted post (my edits) was what he might see when reading it. #JokefailbyThorny

Bro, one dude spent a boring summer afternoon in the appropriate thread spitballing

Chillax

Apparently I'm near suicidal over the loss of Carrier as well. I'm not just slightly bothered that we whiffed on the opportunity to bribe a new team into taking somebody like Moulson or Ennis, I'm distraught over the loss of future Hall of Famer William Carrier!

Edited by Drunkard

Hanifin for Reinhart!

Scottysabres idea:  Chyhrun and Dvorak for Reinhart

Haven't seen but a couple of games with Hannifin so can't really say anything.

I have family in Arizona, WNY transplants so I did catch a number of Coyotes games. I liked Dvoraks speed and puck control.

Definitely liked Chychruns poise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.