Post your defenceman trade proposals here

dudacek

Because they had to give up O'Reilly to get Zadorov from us. Any guy they draft at #8 isn't likely to play to for them for 2-3 seasons and isn't guaranteed to be any better. Why do you think they would give up the best asset they received in that trade for the #8 pick?

Or maybe you're wondering why I'd be willing to give up the #8 pick for Zadorov. If that's your question it's basically for the same reason. Whomever we draft at #8 likely won't be able to contribute to the Sabres for several seasons where Zadorov could be stapled to Ristolainen's hip on the top pair and our defense would be looking pretty solid with the addition of him and Antipin.

Zadorov Ristolainen

McCabe Antipin

Gorges Bogosian

Falk/Fedun

If Zadorov is on your top pair, you're a terrible hockey team. He was barely getting 2nd pair minutes on the worst team in hockey.

Last year it was Polak. Imagine if he was our GM and our bottom four was

Gorges - Bogosian

Bieksa - Polakr

That's like 16 million dollars of pure trash.

:lol:

I always picture the players referenced reading these things and scowling, like "Celebrity Mean Tweets".

If Zadorov is on your top pair, you're a terrible hockey team. He was barely getting 2nd pair minutes on the worst team in hockey.

He seemed to play pretty well with Ristolainen when he was here previously, although I believe they were both on the second pairing. You can always swap him and McCabe though and pair Zadorov with his Russian counterpart, or put him with Bogosian and allow Antipin to be sheltered on the 3rd pair until he adjusts to the NHL.

McCabe    Ristolainen

Zadorov    Antipin

Gorges     Bogosian

or

McCabe   Ristolainen

Zadorov   Bogosian

Gorges    Antipin

Edited by Drunkard

He seemed to play pretty well with Ristolainen when he was here previously, although I believe they were both on the second pairing. You can always swap him and McCabe though and pair Zadorov with his Russian counterpart, or put him with Bogosian and allow Antipin to be sheltered on the 3rd pair until he adjusts to the NHL.

McCabe Ristolainen

Zadorov Antipin

Gorges Bogosian

or

McCabe Ristolainen

Zadorov Bogosian

Gorges Antipin

He didn't play well, and much like this year's Avs, it was the worst team in hockey. If Nikita Zadorov is penciled in anywhere in your top-4, you're not even a bubble playoff team.

McCabe    Ristolainen

Zadorov    Antipin

Gorges     Bogosian

or

McCabe   Ristolainen

Zadorov   Bogosian

Gorges    Antipin

I am not sure I would be willing to trade #8 in this draft for Zadorov. Just because Colorado was dumb enough to take Zadorov and parts for ROR doesn't mean I need to return the favor. 

Kane and #8 for Brodin and Niederreiter? Anyone?

I do #8 for Brodin, particularly if it precludes us giving up Reinhart. And Niederreiter had 57 points last year, is only 24, also a left shot. I deal Kane for him if it seals this deal.

Don't think 8 and Kane would be near enough, actually.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170616/nhl-expansion-draft--blue-jackets-work-to-keep-young-talent

The Jackets are believed to be trading this year’s first-round draft pick (No. 24 overall) and a prospect (not Pierre-Luc Dubois or Sonny Milano) to Vegas for assurances that the Golden Knights will select either left wing Matt Calvert, center William Karlsson or defenseman Ryan Murray.

So Columbus is willing to pay to get rid of Ryan Murray? I think Dudacek might need new pants. I bet a 3rd would make him a Sabre. I'm not huge on Murray, but for cheap, he's worth a flyer.

I'd be willing to do either Minnesota's 2nd or our 3rd. I don't love the player, but he's serviceable, especially for the right price. I think I'd rather get Murray cheap than pay a hefty price for Brodin.

I wonder if Housley could have a positive impact on him?

So like a 3rd rounder? I know very little about Murray or his value.

He's a 6'1 210 pound defenceman with good hockey sense who can skate and move the puck at less than $3 million per.

Hes 23 and eight months ago he played for Team North America at the World Cup.

He's the same age as McCabe and at least as good.

If hes available for a third rounder, where do I sign?

Edited by dudacek

Damn, I just spent some time reading the trade boards on HF and my head hurts.

There are a ridiculous amount of people convinced the price for a good but not great veteran defenceman - think Brodin and Tanev - is the third overall pick.

When has this ever happened?

Has the market really shifted that much?

There are a ridiculous amount of people convinced the price for a good but not great veteran defenceman - think Brodin and Tanev - is the third overall pick.

No it is preposterous. I hope Botterill doesn't buy into the hype. I would almost guarantee that a decent scouting team could draft a better defender at #3 then Tanev.  I think the NHL is in the process of shifting again and that is why defenders are such premiums. In 2 years as more mobile defenders permeate the league more and more the prices will drop. 

No it is preposterous. I hope Botterill doesn't buy into the hype. I would almost guarantee that a decent scouting team could draft a better defender at #3 then Tanev.  I think the NHL is in the process of shifting again and that is why defenders are such premiums. In 2 years as more mobile defenders permeate the league more and more the prices will drop.

Let's just hope we are at or nearing the "mobile D-man arms race" peak, and that their value, seemingly at an all time high, dips down a bit soon as Liger suggests. I fear we could be waiting till such time to truly upgrade our defence.

You can always find a good post in any trade thread on hfboards that teaches you something about a player you didn't know, you just have to wade through the other 90 bad ones to get it. 

And we need to keep our centers and forwards, this stuff always goes in cycles, let's be the guys ahead of a curve for once. It'll bounce back and then we strike 

Or we can finish our LA model that Tim started 3 years ago 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.