Post your defenceman trade proposals here

dudacek

They don't really have a weakness on paper. I think Backstrom is the true gem and trading Ovi would be the chemistry shake-up that they need, not to mention the return would be pretty dang good.

They need a better goalie and more clutch scoring...

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. Buy low on Griffin Renihart, maybe a 2nd and a 4th? Not sure if that's gets it done they paid a steep price but he hasn't developed well.

Bringing in the bro could create a bit of competition between the two and hopefully get more out of them. Was highly touted in his draft year, has potential and is still a young player. If we could get him for picks outside of the 1st round I say we jump on it.

I would also seriously consider signing him to an offer sheet. Roughly 1.9M-3.8M would be a 2nd round pick, and I can't see the oilers matching it.

Edited by LikeEich

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. Buy low on Griffin Renihart, maybe a 2nd and a 4th? Not sure if that's gets it done they paid a steep price but he hasn't developed well.

Bringing in the bro could create a bit of competition between the two and hopefully get more out of them. Was highly touted in his draft year, has potential and is still a young player. If we could get him for picks outside of the 1st round I say we jump on it.

I would also seriously consider signing him to an offer sheet. Roughly 1.9M-3.8M would be a 2nd round pick, and I can't see the oilers matching it.

Why would you waste a 2nd rd pick and $2 mill on a player who can't get our of the minors?

I have no problem with trying to grab Griffin for organizational depth, but your suggestion is way to costly.  I trade a 4th rd pick for him and then give him a one year 2 way deal for 700K with a $125k NHL salary.

Griffin Reinhart is a complete and total bust. Some around here rag on Samson's skating...he could skate rings around Griffin.

As someone who rags on skating in general, Griffin Reinhart skates about as well as...an actual Griffin. Yup, half lion half eagle. Put skates on both of those animals if you like, they could skate as well as Sammy's brother.

Why would you waste a 2nd rd pick and $2 mill on a player who can't get our of the minors?

I have no problem with trying to grab Griffin for organizational depth, but your suggestion is way to costly. I trade a 4th rd pick for him and then give him a one year 2 way deal for 700K with a $125k NHL salary.

Yeah you're probably right, I wonder what it would take. High risk but I believe there could be upside there. He's only 23 years old, that's too young to be a total bust.

Jarnkrok and ekholm have like the best contract in the league, we would be robbing nashville.

They could lose ekholm in the expansion draft, Smith is overpaid, and Girgs is an upgrade over over Jarnkrok. Plus, Kane would hit forty goals on a line with Jo and Arvy with Nashville's style of play. 

Ekholm will be protected but they can only then protect 4 of the following.  Johansen, Arvidsson, Smith, Jarnkrok, Forsberg, Neal.  I think it will be Johansen, Forsberg, Neal, and Arvidsson which leaves Jarnkrok and Smith in play.  Even if they decide to lean toward youth and go Johansen, Forsberg, Arvidsson and Jarnkrok, Smith and Neal are then in play both of whom are interesting.

I thought a team could only protect three D? If so, Ekholm is the odd man out. 

They could lose ekholm in the expansion draft, Smith is overpaid, and Girgs is an upgrade over over Jarnkrok. Plus, Kane would hit forty goals on a line with Jo and Arvy with Nashville's style of play. 

Jarnkrok actually scores 30 points a 3rd line center, girgensons really isn't better.

well Craig Rivet just suggested getting Kevin Bieksa because he is a big hulking defenseman. 

Rivet is an idiot... why does anybody listen to him... or Peters for that matter.    That's the best Buffalo sports radio has to offer?   Oh dear.

Rivet is an idiot... why does anybody listen to him... or Peters for that matter.    That's the best Buffalo sports radio has to offer?   Oh dear.

I stopped after one or two days. I just could not listen to 90 minutes of those chuckleheads.

Edited by MattPie

What? Why? 

Because they had to give up O'Reilly to get Zadorov from us. Any guy they draft at #8 isn't likely to play to for them for 2-3 seasons and isn't guaranteed to be any better. Why do you think they would give up the best asset they received in that trade for the #8 pick?

Or maybe you're wondering why I'd be willing to give up the #8 pick for Zadorov. If that's your question it's basically for the same reason. Whomever we draft at #8 likely won't be able to contribute to the Sabres for several seasons where Zadorov could be stapled to Ristolainen's hip on the top pair and our defense would be looking pretty solid with the addition of him and Antipin.

Zadorov    Ristolainen

McCabe    Antipin

Gorges     Bogosian

Falk/Fedun

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.