2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

Nope. The Seals were through Cleveland & already merged w/ the No Stars (but not yet split off from the Stars & back on their way to Californ-I-A) before CooperAlls saw the light of day.

You're confusing your uniform gimmicks & thinking of their white skates.

Ah. I could have sworn the white skates were part of the Cooperalls thing with them. 

Nope.

Wouldn't have looked much sillier than they did anyway, but Charlie Finley never pulled that stunt.

Speaking of, we're friends with a guy who wears these with pink laces. Nice guy, good skater, but I will always give him endless grief about them. 

skates_17__58526_std.jpg

Well, there is that.

I can generate some hate for them because of him.

But, on balance: I can't help liking them. I even like the obnoxious colour choice. Is that a thing now in the NHL? Nashville  seems to be doing likewise with its yellow/gold look. I prefer it to the era of when everyone was wearing black.

The Turdburger sweaters started the trend.  Ted Black wins again!

First goal clearly goaltender interference...2nd offside and the third should have been an icing. Don't worry about McDavid & his Oilers winning, the NHL obviously has decided they want Anaheim through

Not goalie interference.  He's out of the crease and it's incidental contact during a shot on goal.  The second may have been offsides but since the replay rule sucks and Edmonton wasted their challenge on the first goal it's TDB for them.

And if Klefbom skated for the puck it might have been icing.. but he didn't.

I can't pin point why but I like Edmonton, Gretzky and their colors. It all works for me.

I kinda like them, as well, but every single person in the arena also wearing the home jersey is just creepy.

Peters said that Ottawa NEEDS to dress Neil next game. It's imperative. His reasoning? Tanner Glass playing, for the Rangers...

"You're playing one of the worst forwards in the league on your team during the playoffs? Better put out my team's version of one of the worst players in the league to make it fair!"

@ShawnMcKenzieSN
It is an off day for the Penguins but Crosby was on the ice with a few other players in full gear.

Man. Would love to see him get back, but, given his history, I'd be concerned that he's coming back too soon.

Not for nothing: It was reported that Okposo's hospitalization was tied to an adverse reaction he had to a medication taken to treat his concussion (symptoms).

As far as I know, at least for people like you and me, there's nothing used to "treat" a concussion other than rest and reduced levels of certain activity. 

I wonder if hockey players (and other pro athletes) are using medications to accelerate their return. And, if so, I wonder whether that can be safe.

Told you it could still be intriguing!

When you're right, you're right!  

I can't pin point why but I like Edmonton, Gretzky and their colors. It all works for me.

They are fun to watch when McDavid is lighting it up. On balance, I've never really liked the Oil. Not sure why.

Come on, those Orange unis are horri-awful! The classic blue is an order of magnitude better.

Man. Would love to see him get back, but, given his history, I'd be concerned that he's coming back too soon.

Not for nothing: It was reported that Okposo's hospitalization was tied to an adverse reaction he had to a medication taken to treat his concussion (symptoms).

As far as I know, at least for people like you and me, there's nothing used to "treat" a concussion other than rest and reduced levels of certain activity. 

I wonder if hockey players (and other pro athletes) are using medications to accelerate their return. And, if so, I wonder whether that can be safe.

It's also worth noting that I believe a lot of Crosby's initial concussion issues were revealed to be tied to a neck issue that was originally misdiagnosed. I'd have to read up on the situation again to familiarize myself, though.

Those orange uniforms are beautiful, and so are the Preds.

The Preds ones are great. People are going to see highlights with these Oilers uniforms in 10 years and try to adjust the color level on their TV sets. They in all honesty hurt to look at.

Those orange uniforms are beautiful, and so are the Preds.

You probably also think jorts are a great look.

It's also worth noting that I believe a lot of Crosby's initial concussion issues were revealed to be tied to a neck issue that was originally misdiagnosed. I'd have to read up on the situation again to familiarize myself, though.

The Preds ones are great. People are going to see highlights with these Oilers uniforms in 10 years and try to adjust the color level on their TV sets. They in all honesty hurt to look at.

No, they're awful. They might be tolerable with blue helmets, but the double yellow is just glaring.

You probably also think jorts are a great look.

No, they're awful. They might be tolerable with blue helmets, but the double yellow is just glaring.

The double yellow is beautiful.

Top 5 jerseys in the league, not in order:

Dallas, Nashville, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Tampa

I couldn't pick just 5 

Now that I think on it, Pitt easily has the best. 

Edited by WildCard

The double yellow is beautiful.

Top 5 jerseys in the league, not in order:

Dallas, Nashville, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Tampa

I couldn't pick just 5 

Now that I think on it, Pitt easily has the best.

Pens jerseys are the best, I agree. Now that they have the retro look.

But I still maintain our logo is the best. With a return to a lighter blue and the removal of the grey, Sabres have the best unis.

Speaking of, we're friends with a guy who wears these with pink laces. Nice guy, good skater, but I will always give him endless grief about them.

skates_17__58526_std.jpg

If you wear white skates, you had better be the best damn player on the ice at all times.

Edit to add: if you wear white skates and a tinted visor you are beyond redemption.

Edited by ubkev

They said that about Tim Connolly's injuries too.  I didn't believe it then either.  I think that was #fakenews to keep his head from being targeted when he came back.

Peters said that Ottawa NEEDS to dress Neil next game. It's imperative. His reasoning? Tanner Glass playing, for the Rangers...

"You're playing one of the worst forwards in the league on your team during the playoffs? Better put out my team's version of one of the worst players in the league to make it fair!"

I remember watching Glass play in Rochester after Florida drafted him and saying to myself, this kid is going to be in the NHL. Not the flashiest player on the ice, but also not one of the worst forwards in the league either. Would take him over D-Lo any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Plays full speed 100% of the time and doesn't back down from anyone. Has a little offense to his game too when he wants, but is much better at pumping up his team and fans. Rags 2-0 tying the series since he was inserted into the lineup.

I remember watching Glass play in Rochester after Florida drafted him and saying to myself, this kid is going to be in the NHL. Not the flashiest player on the ice, but also not one of the worst forwards in the league either. Would take him over D-Lo any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Plays full speed 100% of the time and doesn't back down from anyone. Has a little offense to his game too when he wants, but is much better at pumping up his team and fans. Rags 2-0 tying the series since he was inserted into the lineup.

Games Played / Points / CF% Relative to his Team

41 / 2 / -12.6

67 / 11 / -10.7

73 / 10 / -14.2

78 / 16 / -11.9

48 / 2 / -9.6

67 / 13 / -12.5

66 / 6 / -8.7

57 / 7 / -7.4

11 / 2 / -3.1

He's a black hole that can't do anything at an NHL level, and going through several years of Rags/Penguins fan forums tells a story of intense hatred and incredible amounts of frustration and confusion as to why he got the playing time that he did (any at all). 

Also in a recent "Worst player you've ever seen play for your team" thread posted on hfboards, on the main boards where fans from every team submitted 154 posts on the subject including side conversations, his name was mentioned 7 times. I think that's grounds for at least being in the discussion of players in the bowels of the league.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Games Played / Points / CF% Relative to his Team

41 / 2 / -12.6

67 / 11 / -10.7

73 / 10 / -14.2

78 / 16 / -11.9

48 / 2 / -9.6

67 / 13 / -12.5

66 / 6 / -8.7

57 / 7 / -7.4

11 / 2 / -3.1

He's a black hole that can't do anything at an NHL level, and going through several years of Rags/Penguins fan forums tells a story of intense hatred and incredible amounts of frustration and confusion as to why he got the playing time that he did (any at all). 

Also in a recent "Worst player you've ever seen play for your team" thread posted on hfboards, on the main boards where fans from every team submitted 154 posts on the subject including side conversations, his name was mentioned 7 times. I think that's grounds for at least being in the discussion of players in the bowels of the league.

Worse than D-Lo? And although he may not light up the scoreboard, he energizes his teammates. Something statistics don't show. You.can't tell me he had absolutely nothing to do with the Rangers last two wins.

Worse than D-Lo? And although he may not light up the scoreboard, he energizes his teammates. Something statistics don't show. You.can't tell me he had absolutely nothing to do with the Rangers last two wins.

I don't know that he's worse than D-Lo, I think I've called D-Lo the worst regular NHLer in the league a couple times this season. I've only said that Glass is one of the worst. 

I haven't watched the last two games, but he's a terrible player which is why he was scratched in the first place. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

I don't know that he's worse than D-Lo, I think I've called D-Lo the worst regular NHLer in the league a couple times this season. I've only said that Glass is one of the worst.

I haven't watched the last two games, but he's a terrible player which is why he was scratched in the first place.

I'm not saying he is a good, or even average player, but when I saw him in person a few times with the Amerks there was just something about his on ice presence that stood out to me. Have to admit I didn't see game 3 of the series, but I watched tonight and he was a force all night. Had 2 assists and pummeled Turris near the end of the game after Kyle went after him. Can he keep this play up? Most likely not, as these type of players only seem to stand out for a few games at a time, but I hope he can. He definitely makes the opposing players aware when he is on the ice....unlike D-Lo. Edited by Claude Balls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.