2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

And with that, the intrigue of this year's playoffs goes way down.

Not necessarily.  What if they win the series without him?  What if they win the whole thing without him?  That would definitely be intriguing.

Not necessarily.  What if they win the series without him?  What if they win the whole thing without him?  That would definitely be intriguing.

Thats definitely true, and a good point. My mind bypassed that scenario, admittedly, as I have a hard time seeing that happening. But it would definitely be cool to see.

Marc Methot's finger doesn't hurt as much today.

Yup, I'm sure he's taking a level of personal happiness from a career-threatening injury (that could have even further lasting consequences, given the player's history, and what we know about head trauma) due to being on the receiving end of a dime-a-dozen slash that you see 50 times a game, that unfortunately resulted in an exceptionally uncommon result.

The play certainly looked mostly accidental. But Niskanen didn't look like he was particularly worried about not popping Crosby on his way down. Accidental, with a dash of opportunistic.

The whole defending himself thing was somewhere between fabrication and justification. He may not have had a ton of options but I guarantee you his only option wasn't blasting him in the face on the way down.

The whole defending himself thing was somewhere between fabrication and justification. He may not have had a ton of options but I guarantee you his only option wasn't blasting him in the face on the way down.

All game, both teams at both ends of the ice were crosschecking (I miss him) the out of anything that moved in front of the net. It was pretty amazing what the refs were letting go. To me, it just seemed like another instance of that only Sidney lost his balance.

Exactly.

--

That was a farce of an embellishment call on Subban.

The winner of the Stanley Cup has to come from this series.

This is just beautiful looking hockey. Not just this game, but all series.

I hate Laviolette but he's a damn good coach

And I was just thinkin that

Unless Iceland has some hockey on their TV stations, ill be missing the rest of the 2nd round..... I'll scout for a GM while out here and find one with a really cool name

I always have wanted to go there.  I'm really jealous!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.