2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

The NHL's wish of a Pens/Oil finals is getting closer. As much as I dislike both teams, I think it would be great to watch. Not sure if Pittsburgh would have an answer for Edmontons physical play. Could really be an interesting series, especially if Crosby is back.

Edited by Claude Balls

This is the first game all series I think the Oilers have looked like the better team.

Please oh please oh please let this happen
McDavid is stupid good.

McDavid legitimately deserves the term "generational." I honestly believe he has teleportation devices attached to his skates. Seriously. It's the only explanation for how he can move so fast and do things at that speed.

This is the first game all series I think the Oilers have looked like the better team.

McDavid legitimately deserves the term "generational." I honestly believe he has teleportation devices attached to his skates. Seriously. It's the only explanation for how he can move so fast and do things at that speed.

He might be better than generational.

Getzlaf is a point per game player in the playoffs for his career. 114 pts in 113 games.

It's been said Getzlaf is a comparable to Jack. ###### I hope so!!

I hope you meant Jack is comparable to Getzlaf?. Although Ryan is bigger and can have a mean streak in him. Since Jack ain't getting any taller, I hope he can start playing more physical than he has in his first two years.

if the Sabres are to be any good they need to be, well, like the leafs or the Oilers so in effect we should actually like their team and how they play. In today's NHL they are the forerunners and the obvious "new" kids on the block, just as we aspire and dream to be...young and fast

There's just something so gratifying seeing age, experience and size win out over youth and speed. Call me old school, but it's fun!

You know, I woke up around 1230, checked the score, saw that there were seven minutes left in the third but that it was a 3-0 game, and decided, well, I'll just go right back to sleep....

I woke up in my chair not long after that.  Still 3-0, but with less than five minutes left.  Brushed my teeth, took the dog out and moved a load of towels to the dryer.  Went to turn the TV off, but it was 3-2 with less than 0:30 left, so I watched until the end of regulation.  Epic comeback, but I can understand why Oilers' fans might be pissed.  Kesler had his hand in the top of Talbot's right pad and didn't seem to try to hard to get it out.  Not that I would have overturned the goal had I been the ref (Kesler was pushed down initially, his glove may have been stuck, etc), but Talbot clearly didn't have a chance to even try to make the save.  At a different point in the game, that goal might have been negated.

I woke up in my chair not long after that.  Still 3-0, but with less than five minutes left.  Brushed my teeth, took the dog out and moved a load of towels to the dryer.  Went to turn the TV off, but it was 3-2 with less than 0:30 left, so I watched until the end of regulation.  Epic comeback, but I can understand why Oilers' fans might be pissed.  Kesler had his hand in the top of Talbot's right pad and didn't seem to try to hard to get it out.  Not that I would have overturned the goal had I been the ref (Kesler was pushed down initially, his glove may have been stuck, etc), but Talbot clearly didn't have a chance to even try to make the save.  At a different point in the game, that goal might have been negated.

1.  Wish I had your luck!

2.  I've seen replays now.  I'd be upset were I an Oilers fan, but as a neutral observer, it seemed to me that Talbot did have a chance to make the save.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.