2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

I assure you their roster had players much, much, much better than Tanner Glass and that they are the ones that beat the Sabres

The Rangers have much, much, much better players than Tanner Glass, too.  But we were talking about Chris Neil.  The Senators have much, much, much better players than Chris Neil.

Still, the "can't beat 'em, so beat 'em up" mentality works.  

PS:  What's with the new avatar?  Hardly recognized you.

Edited by Eleven

The Rangers have much, much, much better players than Tanner Glass, too.  But we were talking about Chris Neil.  The Senators have much, much, much better players than Chris Neil.

Still, the "can't beat 'em, so beat 'em up" mentality works.  

PS:  What's with the new avatar?  Hardly recognized you.

I'm not convinced it does. I wouldn't be intimidated by a sh*tty player who can't keep up with me, if I'm on the Rangers. 

I lost a bet! 

I'm not convinced it does. I wouldn't be intimidated by a sh*tty player who can't keep up with me, if I'm on the Rangers. 

I lost a bet! 

Did you notice the penalty that Glass drew just by being Glass?  And who ended up in the box?  And which bet?

Edited by Eleven

Did you notice the penalty that Glass drew just by being Glass?  And who ended up in the box?  And which bet?

I haven't watched the playoffs for a week or so, so nah. And I'd rather watch Eich drawing penalties being Eich, or in the Rangers example, I'd rather have the NHL calling when Grabner gets held, though they don't. So maybe I'm coming around to your view on the fly. We can just ice a bunch of crappy goons that are good at holding and yapping and nothing else, and win a cup because the only penalties to be called are when the puck gets shot over the glass or when our sh*tty goons get suckerpunched after the whistle. #BettmanHockey

I bet that the Sabres would win one of the lotto spots :bag: so now I get to wear this insipid thing!

How in the ###### is Crosby a game time decision? I know not every concussion is the same, but five days removed and he is ok? With his history I'm very surprised by this.

you are surprised a team and player might lie about symptoms and severity? during the playoffs?

I haven't watched the playoffs for a week or so, so nah. And I'd rather watch Eich drawing penalties being Eich, or in the Rangers example, I'd rather have the NHL calling when Grabner gets held, though they don't. So maybe I'm coming around to your view on the fly. We can just ice a bunch of crappy goons that are good at holding and yapping and nothing else, and win a cup because the only penalties to be called are when the puck gets shot over the glass or when our sh*tty goons get suckerpunched after the whistle. #BettmanHockey

I bet that the Sabres would win one of the lotto spots :bag: so now I get to wear this insipid thing!

POS Neil just justified his inclusion in the lineup by throwing a couple in Glass's face after Glass cheapshotted POS Phaneuf.

How in the ###### is Crosby a game time decision? I know not every concussion is the same, but five days removed and he is ok? With his history I'm very surprised by this.

No rule on when they can return.

you are surprised a team and player might lie about symptoms and severity? during the playoffs?

True. Maybe they are following the Bill Belichick system of reporting injuries.

POS Neil just justified his inclusion in the lineup by throwing a couple in Glass's face after Glass cheapshotted POS Phaneuf.

No rule on when they can return.

Ottawa really butt hurt about Glass throwing Turris around last game apparently. Neil is a joke.

Doesn't the NFL have a time frame protocol when it comes to concussions? Isn't it at least 7 days with no symptoms or something like that?

Edited by Claude Balls

True. Maybe they are following the Bill Belichick system of reporting injuries.

Ottawa really butt hurt about Glass throwing Turris around last game apparently. Neil is a joke.

Doesn't the NFL have a time frame protocol when it comes to concussions? Isn't it at least 7 days with no symptoms or something like that?

NHL has a *guideline* of seven days symptom-free, but I learned on GR yesterday morning that it is just a guideline.

Wow, Henrik needs to take a seat on the bench. He is terrible today.

And Erik Karlson at 50% is so much better than anyone the Sabres have on D.

Even Risto?  Risto is worse than 50% Karlsson?  I don't know, man...

Even Risto? Risto is worse than 50% Karlsson? I don't know, man...

I was gonna exclude Risto from that, but decided not too. Rasmus is much more physical and better in that sense, but he faded this year. And I'm sure that was because DB abused him in regards to TOI. He should be much better under a new coach/system.

Edited by Claude Balls

Fair. I just think Karlsson is that good. Maybe Risto isn't less than half as good, but I don't think it's that far off. And I don't mean that as a knock on Risto.

This is pretty much my thinking. Risto is def better than half as good as EK, but there is a huge gap in between the two.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.