2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

I'm curious.  Why the intense Oiler hate?

my thoughts too...they are exactly (along with the leafs who everybody hates too) what we hope and long to be...a young fast team that puts it all out and never mails in a game. there is no doubt that goaltender interference just isn't called anymore, and of course we know first hand that of all people, Lucic should not be complaining when he got away with running Ryan years ago

There's just something so gratifying seeing age, experience and size win out over youth and speed. Call me old school, but it's fun!

So you've got Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler as the size and experience. But. Silfverberg, Rakell, and the entire blue line is all very much new school youth/speed/skill. Really don't think your point holds.

You know, I woke up around 1230, checked the score, saw that there were seven minutes left in the third but that it was a 3-0 game, and decided, well, I'll just go right back to sleep....

I was up until about that point and said F it, I want a good night sleep. Woke up about 5am and couldn't fall asleep for a few hours. Should have just freaking stayed up :wallbash:

I'm curious. Why the intense Oiler hate?

In no particular order:

-Lucic

-Ugly jerseys

-They get to have Connor McDavid after Wayne Freaking Gretzky and the whole 80s team? F that! I'm also sad I don't get to watch him play more often due to media and time zone.

-The Vanek offer sheet.

-Caggiula chose them over us.

-Kassian isn't entirely useless there.

Whole lot of both direct and indirect "eff you Buffalo" stuff in there.

In no particular order:

-Lucic

-Ugly jerseys

-They get to have Connor McDavid after Wayne Freaking Gretzky and the whole 80s team? F that! I'm also sad I don't get to watch him play more often due to media and time zone.

-The Vanek offer sheet.

So, you're jealous.

Also resentful and bitter.

Oh, I have one more: they got my second choice for coach while we got Bylsma.

I've really turned a corner this year watching the playoffs. I find I'm a lot happier and can actually enjoy the games if I remove my Sabres fandom from the equation. As soon as I remember I'm a Sabres fan I start to get mad and have to turn it off.

In no particular order:

-Lucic

-Ugly jerseys

-The Vanek offer sheet.

Pretty much because Buffalo then.  :P

I'm enjoying that they are becoming the team they were in the 80's.  Every fun hockey team in the league is a net positive for fans.

I've really turned a corner this year watching the playoffs. I find I'm a lot happier and can actually enjoy the games if I remove my Sabres fandom from the equation. As soon as I remember I'm a Sabres fan I start to get mad and have to turn it off.

I tend to prefer having a rooting interest in sports. Sometimes that will be against, sometimes it will be for. Unfortunately, my cheer for team right now is Washington :(

Pretty much because Buffalo then. :P

I'm enjoying that they are becoming the team they were in the 80's. Every fun hockey team in the league is a net positive for fans.

I agree in principle, but that doesn't mean I can't have preferences as to which teams those are. After all, I always thought the people who wanted Toronto to be good, for the sake of rivalry, were completely insane. They're good, and fun, and I hate it. Why couldn't it have been Florida or something?

if the Sabres are to be any good they need to be, well, like the leafs or the Oilers so in effect we should actually like their team and how they play. In today's NHL they are the forerunners and the obvious "new" kids on the block, just as we aspire and dream to be...young and fast

I don't have to like it and you can't make me. :D

The officiating in the playoffs is completely different.  I really wonder how many of you will be able to survive it once the Sabres are involved.  This place might have a mass funeral for all those who's heads explode.

I don't like it.. I want to see hockey.  It's clear to see the pace of the game is completely different.  I'd like to see that pace without all the garbage.. that might be the best it could ever get.

The officiating in the playoffs is completely different.  I really wonder how many of you will be able to survive it once the Sabres are involved.  This place might have a mass funeral for all those who's heads explode.

I don't like it.. I want to see hockey.  It's clear to see the pace of the game is completely different.  I'd like to see that pace without all the garbage.. that might be the best it could ever get.

'05-'06

This has been true of every single season of the NHL since it began.

'05-'06

Even that one.

I don't know, man, lots of penalties were called in that Ottawa-Buffalo series.

True. But I think most of the extra penalties were hooking calls, which is pretty much still getting called the same. Guys just don't do it anymore (actually a pretty good job by the NHL to eliminate it.)

But they definitely let a lot of the physical stuff go then in the playoffs. Just look at the two teams that won in '06 and'07. Carolina and Anaheim. Not exactly the poster children of young and fast.

Chris Neil actually playing for Ottawa this afternoon. Hoo boy. That'll show 'em to dress Tanner Glass.

Five minutes in and Neil tries to get Glass to fight. Tanner laughs at him and says not yet, lol.

It's a scorefest so far.

Edited by Claude Balls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.