And your 2017-2018 Buffalo Sabres Captain is...

sabills

2017-2018 Captaincy  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the "C":

• Brian Gionta
    • Ryan O'Rielly
    • Jack Eichel
    • Rasmus Ristolainen
    • Other (please comment)
    • Co-captains (please comment)
  2. 2. Who gets the "A's" (pick 2):

• Brian Gionta
    • Ryan O'Rielly
    • Jack Eichel
    • Rasmus Ristolainen
    • Kyle Okposo
    • Josh Gorges
    • Samson Reinhart
    • Marcus Foligno
    • Zach Bogosian
    • Evander Kane
    • Matt Moulson
    • Tyler Ennis
    • Other (please comment)
  3. 3. If Gionta is back he should get:

• The C
    • An A
    • Nothing

Can we stay on topic please!   

This obviously belongs in the "Sabres Jack Eichel making fun of former Montreal Canadien Nathan Beaulieu during a post-practice impromptu media scrum 2 days before the season-opening game against Nathan Beaulieu's former team, the Montreal Canadiens" thread.

Anywho, yeah that's not very captain like from Jack... he's basically a clown, and I think that's part of the reason he's not Captain yet is because he's such a goof ball nobody can take him seriously enough.    It's good to have guys like in the locker room to keep everybody loose, it's just a strange personality to have for the franchise player...  which personally I like because he's comfortable just being himself, and that's what makes him unique.   

I don't know about that.  He knows when to goof around.. how many of the players really like doing the media thing?  I'm pretty sure he's got the requisite intensity when required.  I still think he has to learn more as a player but I think he's quite serious about the game.  If you are looking for Ivan Drago for captain.. not sure you are gonna get it.

I don't know about that.  He knows when to goof around.. how many of the players really like doing the media thing?  I'm pretty sure he's got the requisite intensity when required.  I still think he has to learn more as a player but I think he's quite serious about the game.  If you are looking for Ivan Drago for captain.. not sure you are gonna get it.

Agreed. A) No one cares about press stuff and B) I like a team with guys who are comfortable enough to goof around. 

No one likes a work environment where everything is SUPERSERIOUSBUSINESS

Agreed. A) No one cares about press stuff and B) I like a team with guys who are comfortable enough to goof around.

No one likes a work environment where everything is SUPERSERIOUSBUSINESS

Are you kidding me?! This is the NHL!! This isn't a game! Along with the NFL, this is serious business.

Sarcasm aside, no two leagues take themselves more seriously than the NHL and NFL. Heaven forbid games be fun.

Eichel, captain. Book it.

I just want to point out that smiles and goofiness is a really nice change from locker room feels in the past few years. 

Maybe he's not grizzled typical Cap'n material, maybe he's still green for leadership, but I'll take some positivity to start this season. 

Okay.  I teared up a bit.  It's Jack for sure now, no doubt in my mind.

Who knows with Kane. He genuinely seems to like the team a ton. Maybe he does stay here on a decent deal. 

He came from a hellish situation.  Really... what does it matter if he gets the extra million his agent thinks he's worth or not?  He's still coming out staggeringly rich, you know?  (I think that may have contributed to Jack's rationale as well.  He was willing to give a little to help the team be competitive.)

Next order of business:  Who are the As?  I think think of about 7 options.

Okay.  I teared up a bit.  It's Jack for sure now, no doubt in my mind.

He came from a hellish situation.  Really... what does it matter if he gets the extra million his agent thinks he's worth or not?  He's still coming out staggeringly rich, you know?  (I think that may have contributed to Jack's rationale as well.  He was willing to give a little to help the team be competitive.)

Next order of business:  Who are the As?  I think think of about 7 options.

I think ROR is a given. After that? Okposo and Risto come first to mind, but IDK.

Edited by sabills

I just want to point out that smiles and goofiness is a really nice change from locker room feels in the past few years. 

Maybe he's not grizzled typical Cap'n material, maybe he's still green for leadership, but I'll take some positivity to start this season. 

Truth. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.